Should I wait to incubate

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ellenaspen, Jul 17, 2011.

  1. ellenaspen

    ellenaspen Out Of The Brooder

    74
    0
    39
    Feb 2, 2011
    I received a shipment yesterday. I am supposed to receive another shipment tomorrow. Can I wait to set put both shipments in at the same time or should I go on and start the first batch today and have a staggered hatch?

    TIA, Ellen
     
  2. Ridgerunner

    Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

    19,952
    3,113
    476
    Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Personally I would wait. The uncertainties of how to handle a staggered hatch and having to favor one set of eggs over the other with turning and humidity would bother me. Just take out the turner if you have one, set that up and put the eggs in it, and let them settle. The second set will need to settle anyway.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by