Should i worry about my chick

Deleon98

Songster
Dec 26, 2015
Florida
She seems overall healthy except for the fact that i noticed her "yawning" and her poop is runny compared to the others. I was thinking it could be gapeworm but i dont really know much about it.Also, one side of her beak is left open while the other is closed.

Last edited:
I just found out that chicks produce cecal and i held mine till she pooped. I feel like an idiot
1f600.png
so i guess she really was just yawning but i am wondering why half her mouth stays cracked open on one side. Was she just born like that...uneven?

I had one that use to yawn when she was young, still does now and them. don't know about the beak though. maybe a crossbeak? or like you said, just uneven? can she eat and drink ok?

I had one that use to yawn when she was young, still does now and them. don't know about the beak though.  maybe a crossbeak?  or like you said, just uneven?  can she eat and drink ok?

Yea shes as healthy as the others but i find it funny how much im stressing over everything.

Oh yes, last year was my first year with chicks and I stressed over everything! I've been through alot the first year, it seemed it was trial by fire. I started with 6, now I have 5. Baby one of my EE passed away, it seemed she could not get her reproductive system working properly.
sad.png
It is one of those things. just do your best, it is all you can do
smile.png
we learn as we go. Also, post with any issues, there are many great people on these boards who have helped me tremendously. Enjoy your babies, how fun!
wee.gif

Oh yes, last year was my first year with chicks and I stressed over everything!  I've been through alot the first year, it seemed it was trial by fire.  I started with 6, now I have 5. Baby one of my EE passed away, it seemed she could not get her reproductive system working properly. :(   It is one of those things.  just do your best, it is all you can do :) we learn as we go. Also, post with any issues, there are many great people on these boards who have helped me tremendously.  Enjoy your babies, how fun! :weee

Sorry about your chickie...i hope the others can stay healthy and safe ^~^ i really am finding this site really helpful and im super excited to see them grow up! Ill just have a little bit of a hard time keeping them out the house XD

Back
Top Bottom