Should I worry about this KITTEN???

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bleenie, May 26, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

This is the 2nd most bizarre thing ive ever seen with all the kittens/cats i have had/rescued/fostered....

one of the kittens my new kitty girl had has already started to open its eyes at just 4 days old!!

I've never seen one open them until theyre very close to 2 weeks old & i just read online that long haired kittens generally take longer to open their eyes...should i be worried about this little girl at all? I am going to keep a close eye on her of course but i checked her littermates and their eyes arent even craked open.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. NancyinAlaska

NancyinAlaska Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Willow Alaska
    Just leave it alone, as long as mom's taking care of the kitten and there are no other problems...........just take it easy and let nature do what it's going to do.

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

It just weirded me out..i picked her up to put her closer to a 'booby' and saw one big eye looking at me. the 4 she adopted are 2 weeks now and theirs arent fully open yet. I know the babies are healthy..fat & sassy things but i worry that it might get scratched by a kitten or mom...she likes to extend her nails and pull the babies back to her [​IMG]

4. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    I had a a litter of kittens born once, and one was born w/ it's eyes already opened, another one opened them at 3 days, can't remember on the last one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by