Should I worry about this??

yinzerchick

Songster
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
E.Texas
Hi all. I'm newer to ducks. I started with 2 about a year ago, I have 4 now. I'm wondering if this gal has a problem, or it's just her. I got her about 2 months ago, she was about 4-5 months then. She's a Golden 300, I guess she's about 6-7 months old now. Here's a few pics I took today. She's the light brown one. She's got quite the bulge at her breast...that's what I'm concerned about. She is acting fine, eating, and swimming. She seems happy. Is this just the way she's built, or should I be concerned? Thanks for any input!

To me at this point it just looks as if she has a healthy appetite. Her feather condition is excellent, and the crop does not appear to be pendulous. Keep an eye on her, but don't worry excessively.

Thank you for the relief. I had to ask because we hadn't noticed her "roundness" before. Once we did, we couldn't un-notice it, and it looked suspicious next to the other ducks. Glad to know it's probably nothing. We did find a HUGE duck egg in the barn this morning...lol!
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom