Should mom with one wing hatch?

chicken_lady_38

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2019
Hey everyone! I have a bourbon red turkey hen who only has one wing. She will be laying soon and I was wondering what yall think about letting her hatch her own chicks. She is very healthy and looks like she could handle it. The only reason I'm asking is because I know it is a lot of work for them and I don't want her health to decline. I wont give her a huge batch because I will be putting a few in the incubator anyway. She was raised with serama bantams and is always acting motherly to them, so I thought she would be a good mom.

Does she seem to have a lot of energy? If so, she should be fine. Of course, you'll just have to wait and see if she wants to go broody. Good luck!

Does she seem to have a lot of energy? If so, she should be fine. Of course, you'll just have to wait and see if she wants to go broody. Good luck!
thank you, she definitely has lots of energy. She always starts jumping around and chirping when I left them free range and yesterday she chased away a crow! I really hope she goes broody because I think she will be a great mom:fl

Back
Top Bottom