Should My Pullet be Laying Eggs Yet?

Ellie's Herd

In the Brooder
Jan 17, 2018
56b8fc2b-79ac-4d74-b068-cb7381d9e60b.jpg
0a3ff105-663e-4901-bc12-92724e5e729f.jpg
This is my chicken, Chick Magnet a day after we got her with her sister and fellow chick. They were older chicks, but not pullets. We got them in August.
c0b084ba-cb21-47cd-86d7-021d5c96e178.jpg

I have no recent pictures of her on this device, but she looks like this, a Speckled Sussex pullet.
However, she hasn't laid a single egg. I check every day, and try to give her things to nest in, but she doesn't want to nest. Is she a rooster, is their a reason why shes not laying eggs, or is she not old enough? I really need help with this.

How old are they? I also see some fluff on them and that usually means they are too young to lay eggs.
Chickens lay eggs when they are fully feathered and look like small adult chickens.

How old are they? I also see some fluff on them and that usually means they are too young to lay eggs.
Chickens lay eggs when they are fully feathered and look like small adult chickens.
How old is she? She should start to lay at around 6 months. If she is a he, he should have started crowing and have green, or shiny, tail feathers.

I don't know the exact age. The lady didn't tell us, but they were older chicks and we got them on August 11

I got my new chicks in August as well. They just started laying a week ago. It will a month or two for all twenty of them to be laying though, so be patient.
My chicks hatched the last week in August and we've got nothing yet! I'll be waiting (im)patiently with you!

Good to know that this isn't irregular!

Pics posted look to be about 2-3 weeks old....so close to 6 months/26 weeks.
Posting current pics would help....
.... and adding your location to your profile :D
upload_2018-1-22_17-41-27.png

Back
Top Bottom