Should you stop a hen being broody?

You know what will happen...your goldtop will decide to take a year off next Spring.lol.

LOL! Well that's fine too :) Would rather her not be broody to be honest. Much easier for me haha!

Quote:

So's my goldtop. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about her, other than hope the weather puts her off. At least she's not attacking the favs when they need to lay now!

Wow. New record here from our silkie. Think today would make 7 days at least. She did get in the box again this morning so I turfed her out into the backyard. Somehow she managed to get back in the run but so far hasn't gone back in the nesting box. Fingers crossed!!

Wow. New record here from our silkie. Think today would make 7 days at least. She did get in the box again this morning so I turfed her out into the backyard. Somehow she managed to get back in the run but so far hasn't gone back in the nesting box. Fingers crossed!!

7 days...pffft! My hen has been in broody confinement for 2 weeks now
barnie.gif
. When will she stop.
She has had 3 sets other broody come and go though that cage.

Lol. I feel better about mine now :)

She got caught in the nesting box twice but stayed out after we turfed her out. So fingers crossed we are almost over it at last.

Glad she seems to be snapping out of it :)

Mine is still being a broody madam, just keep chucking her out, but all she does is make a nest outside for 5 mins and then go straight back to the nest box.
I would usually wait til all have laid and then shut the pophole so she can't get back to the nestbox, but as the days are getting shorter some of the chickens are laying late in the day and some are skipping days in a row so I can't really shut it in case someone needs to lay a late egg.

Glad she seems to be snapping out of it :)

Mine is still being a broody madam, just keep chucking her out, but all she does is make a nest outside for 5 mins and then go straight back to the nest box.
I would usually wait til all have laid and then shut the pophole so she can't get back to the nestbox, but as the days are getting shorter some of the chickens are laying late in the day and some are skipping days in a row so I can't really shut it in case someone needs to lay a late egg.
My main broody Coco has been on eggs for over a week now. Time to candle them and see if they are a chick or not. Rusty my other broody girl keeps sitting in nest first thing in morning too but I turf her out and she stays out the whole day. I don't mind her being broody but I want a gap between the new chicks as I only have one chick run to keep them safe and two hens with chicks of different ages don't always play well with each other.

Back
Top Bottom