SHOUT OUT! To Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain & Wilds of Pa & Dipsy Doodle Doo *PIC

LOL i know right.. i still can't believe it's still only day 1 for my first set of eggs.. it already feels like i'm on day 14 or something..lol

i know everytime i hatch eggs it will big in big numbers i just can't see only hatching 4 or 7 eggs not my style...lol

i get my new bator tomorrow so some of the eggs will be moved in that to make room for the other box i'm getting next week
wee.gif

Oh and my little zebra finch i raised from a tiny 1 day old chick she laid her first egg today! i'm so happy
jumpy.gif

Quote:
awh!!! i bet that was a lil bit of a challenge raising a zebra finch by hand!!!! I had a pair that raised a few clutches of chicks for me (but all died within a day of eachother even the parents...no chemicals no nothing still have no idea what happened) anywhooo i dont think i could personally sucessfully raise such a lil chick up by hand i'd be so scared to suffocate it with food! Kudos to you for doing it and now she may potentially produce her own babies!
smile.png
You should be a proud grandpa if so he he!!!

I've raised wild birds but the smallest were larger sparrows, and then ofcourse I released them when tehy were finding thier own food.
smile.png

lol yea it's hard to do if you don't have the time or the effort .. i hand raise all my finches and pigeons from day old chicks to adults
smile.png
i hated it at first but now i'm use to it..lol

You're welcome, Mark.
hugs.gif
It's always nice to know that the chicks that hatch will be loved.
wink.png

Those 6 are from Elvis - white non-bearded silkie with white, blue or lavender roos. Not sure what you'll get, but I know they'll be fuzzy and cute!
Next weeks are Button quail, Coturnix, and more eggs from Elvis, since a few from this first box were "experiments". There is at least one silkie egg so far from our adorable blue hen, but that one is a fertility test.
smile.png

Don't forget that Bobs take 23 days to hatch...
wink.png

Good luck!
fl.gif

Thanks Tori
smile.png

Yea all these babies will be spoiled..lol

I'm buying myself and early birthday gift tomorrow ( a new bator ) shhhhhhhhhh...lol

i'm going to have that as a hatcher
jumpy.gif
because the last week of august and the first week of september is going to be a busy week for me i'm going to have eggs hatching left and right and i just can't wait
wee.gif

And yup i already have my calendar mark down of all the hatch dates and when to take each set of eggs off the turners then when your other box comes next week i'll do the same with them
smile.png

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Oh and thanks everyone for the good vibes your the best!!
woot.gif

Happy (early) birthday, Mark! Woo hoo!
woot.gif

I'm right with you... I wish I could take some of Sam's quail eggs, but with all the eggs I have, and have coming next week, I've had to plug in another incubator and now have 3 running plus a hatcher! :eek: I just appreciate you helping with the fertility testing... hubby would kill me if I was hatching more chicken eggs right now (my bators are full of quail/chukar eggs for clients).
smile.png

Good luck with your hatches!!
fl.gif

And I thought I had big hatches in the past... mine are wee in comparison to yours
lol.png

Oh to have some variety of birds around here..my hubby would have my head right now, you are making me jealous!!
smile.png

omg u raised a finch!?!? i could barely stand raising kittens and bunnies, and there easy! kudos to u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep us posted and i better see a lot of pics up when they hatch lol

Back
Top Bottom