Show Day Is Tomorrow!!

SilkiesForEver

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 24, 2012
Wish us and our birdies luck! (We are going to need it, its our first show in entire lives!) ((And our birds))
Does any body have any tips for showmanship? Any comments are great! :D

It was very fun! My friend won 7th place. Me and my brother didn't place...but thats okay maybe next time! :D

My bird placed seccond in breeding poultry!! Yay!! My brother got first and my friend got third!! It was a great day! :D

Well good for ya'll! Glad you had such a great time!
Congrats!
thumbsup.gif

Karen

Please excuse my city dweller ignorance but what do the judges look for when judging chickens?
Chicken breeds are judged upon their proper representation of that particular variety in regards to type(shape,stature,characteristics like comb) and their plumage color and quality.
And yes there are hundreds of different breeds and varieties of chickens with their own breed standard of what they should be bred to look like.
Hope this helps clear it up for you.

John

Chicken breeds are judged upon their proper representation of that particular variety in regards to type(shape,stature,characteristics like comb) and their plumage color and quality.
And yes there are hundreds of different breeds and varieties of chickens with their own breed standard of what they should be bred to look like.
Hope this helps clear it up for you.

John
Thanks John, this site is a wealth of information. Not long ago if you would have asked me what kind of chickens their are I would have said original recipe and extra crispy!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom