Show Hens - Info on ages

YETIandNESSI

Chirping
Jan 2, 2020
Hello everyone. I have a fairly time sensitive question. I want to show laying hens at my upcoming local fair but my mother wants me to wait until my sister can show as well so we can get her a chicken at the same time. The only problem with waiting is by the the time my sister can show (in about 2 years), I can't. I was wondering if there was an age max on showing the chickens. If we got my sister a chicken now I could show and she would have an older chicken to show in a couple years. Please answer asap. If I am able to show in my next fair then I need to get a chicken now! The reason we cant get me some now and my sister some later is because we are limited to 2 chickens (because my grandma is taking them and only wants a couple more).

Ok. Thank you. And do you guys know if there is a minimum age?

Since you're in FFA, talk to the person you deal with there-- either they will know, or they will know where to check.

At a minimum, I'm sure they will need to have all their feathers and not need supplemental heat (so figure 6+ weeks.) But there could easily be a specific minimum, and I just don't know.

Since you're in FFA, talk to the person you deal with there-- either they will know, or they will know where to check.

At a minimum, I'm sure they will need to have all their feathers and not need supplemental heat (so figure 6+ weeks.) But there could easily be a specific minimum, and I just don't know.
Thank you so much for all the info. I will talk to my teacher and see what she says.

Back
Top Bottom