Show me pictures of your crossbreds.

I have chickens that are just about mixed with everything.
I have three rooster a Silver Laced Wyandotte named Diego, A Rhode Island Red named Buddy, and a Rhode Island Red x Black Australorp cross rooster named Jack. Jack is the best rooster I ever had.
And dozens of mixed breed hens.
Could you show me pictures of Jack? This is one of my possible future crosses.

Buff Orpington (father) x unknown color varieties of Leghorn hens:

Two cockerels in front, but all cockerel colors were buff, red, buff and white mottled.
original_da14ed78-65dc-41d3-b486-da74036736d7_IMG_20230612_114652822.jpg

Pullets came in red, black, brown, and mostly white with buff hints.
original_c8736ee3-26ae-4b40-8e7f-95da9891173b_IMG_20230612_114918052_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-1424372977.jpg
    Snapchat-1424372977.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 8
Just hatched today!!!! I had 5 in the incubator all from a Speckled Sussex rooster. The possible moms were RSL, Speckled Sussex, Blue Australorp, and Black Australorp. Pic 1 I'm guessing is from the RSL. Pic 2 I'm guessing from the SS, and Pic 3 is obviously one of the Australorps. 1 more just hatched about 15 minutes ago and looks identical to #3. There is 1 more to hatch and I have no idea who the mom is, but i think its snother Australorp based on the look of the egg. I'm not sure 1st generation Blue Australorp will be Blue when bred with a SS roo.
20231121_171831.jpg

Attachments

• 20231121_171719.jpg
    20231121_171719.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231121_171750.jpg
    20231121_171750.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 5
Just hatched today!!!! I had 5 in the incubator all from a Speckled Sussex rooster. The possible moms were RSL, Speckled Sussex, Blue Australorp, and Black Australorp. Pic 1 I'm guessing is from the RSL. Pic 2 I'm guessing from the SS, and Pic 3 is obviously one of the Australorps. 1 more just hatched about 15 minutes ago and looks identical to #3. There is 1 more to hatch and I have no idea who the mom is, but i think its snother Australorp based on the look of the egg. I'm not sure 1st generation Blue Australorp will be Blue when bred with a SS roo.
View attachment 3688853
That last one has the coloring but doesn't have the look of the Black Australorp chicks I have seen. My guess is Blue Australorp.

View attachment 3688853
20231121_184315.jpg

Here's #4

No. My Black Australorp chicks have been solid black, with a white underbelly.
These are all from a Speckled Sussex rooster bred to a few different hens, 2 of which are Australorps. I'm guessing that could throw off the traditional look of a purebred Australorp. I hope you're right though! I'd like it to carry one blue gene so hopefully future lineage can have some blue!

These are all from a Speckled Sussex rooster bred to a few different hens, 2 of which are Australorps. I'm guessing that could throw off the traditional look of a purebred Australorp. I hope you're right though! I'd like it to carry one blue gene so hopefully future lineage can have some blue!
Bielefelder x Black Australorp, still solid black with the white belly. Same with the Bielefelder x Jersey Giant cross.
3222.jpg
The black seems to overpower all other colors for newborns.

A Blue Australorp chick
IMG_4133 (2).JPG

If you look at your speckled sussex chick you can see that the third has the same patterning but with the Blue Australorp coloring.

Last edited:
Bielefelder x Black Australorp, still solid black with the white belly. Same with the Bielefelder x Jersey Giant cross. View attachment 3688904The black seems to overpower all other colors for newborns.

A Blue Australorp chick
View attachment 3688907

If you look at your speckled sussex chick you can see that the third has the same patterning but with the Blue Australorp coloring.
You might be right! When I had a Blue Australorp rooster, I used to breed him with random other breeds of hens and the chicks looked just like these. A lot of yellow on them. Interesting!

Back
Top Bottom