Show Me Some Brahma's SQ or not all pics welcome!!!

This was Thorne, a Blue Columbian, who we lost to a fox last week.
sad.png

16494_vicki_042.jpg

Here's Caroline, my Buff Brahma, just after finishing up her molt. She is smaller than my Lt. Brahma, Miranda, but I have no current pics of Miranda, who is a very large lady. My Brahmas are 3 years old.

DCP_4242.jpg

Quote:
Yea- she looked like a normal light brahma before. Never had great leg feathering though.
idunno.gif

I want to cross her with my pea-combed splah cochin roo and make some blue brahmas. Not sure it will work now if she's not really columbian. I'll probably try anyway if I can get another little coop together.

Why do you keep saying columbian?
its light brahma not columbian.. isnt it?

Light, and columbian are the same thing.

A buff Brahma is also A "Buff Colombian" Brahma

Here is my Buff brahma
39309_dscn1266.jpg

smile.png

I am relatively new to brahmas. I currently have a pair of darks and a trio of buffs. The buff hens both appear to have split wing, which I noticed on a lot of buffs before I decided to buy. Is this a common problem? Thanks!!
Sorry, no pics yet!
Angi

Quote:
It is simply hatchery quality and really not something wanted for a typical light brahma. My hatchery girls also have that "mossy" smudging.

The blue columbian:
droolin.gif

I am not familiar with the background on this girl whether she was hatchery or bred. I have no idea is she is "show quality" or not but she is beautiful to me
big_smile.png
She is awesome! Her name is Monica and she is a 6 month old Dark Brahma.

NewChickens9-7-10016.jpg

NewChickens9-5-10037.jpg

NewChickens9-5-10032.jpg

NewChickens9-5-10013.jpg

Back
Top Bottom