Show me some pretty cochins!

Does anybody have pictures of mixed color cochins? I have a new buff/black chick that is yellow with a dark chipmunk pattern on its back, and I would love to see some pictures of mixed adults.

Quote:
These are hatchery stock mind you, but my pet chicken has pics of partridge cochins. http://www.mypetchicken.com/Cochin-B30.aspx. You can also get partridge cochin eggs from bishopschickens here on the forum (I just hatched 2 of his partridge cochins). He has very nice quality chickens (www.bbwingsnthings.com).
smile.png

OOOOO! AAAAHHHHH!
pop.gif
What beautiful birds you have!!!
Question...What does everyone use in there run to keep there Cochins feathers on there feet nice looking? We have 9 on there way (BLUE,BUFF,PATRIDGE) have 1 white Cochin Roo now and his get ugly and want to prevent that.

FOR THE MOST PART YOU HAVE TO KEEP THEM ON WIRE. BUT YOU CAN USE SHAVINGS OR SAND IN THE BUILDINGS. IF THEY ARE IN OUTSIDE RUNS AND GET WET IT'S GOING TO BE TOUGH KEEPING THEM CLEAN.

I will go out and get a photo of my Partridge Cochin in a few minutes. I have 2 on nests right now brooding some Marans eggs for me. I also have a somewhat of a wheaten little roo as a pet.

My white bantam Cochins usually free range. Though I have now put them in a breeding pen it is still dirt floor and dirt paddock. They can't be shown like this but they don't get horribly dirty like others say they will. They never get tangles in their feet feathers and if it is too nasty outside they spend the day in the coop gossiping and doing their nails. I have a great bunch of banty whites. They don't get all the dingleberries that many other bloodlines get either. I have always been impressed with their cleanliness. They clean each other very well.

The photo I showed of the blue one on page one is the worst standard I have for getting into mud puddles and she adores running around in the rain until she looks like a pitiful mess. The standards are nice but the banties have my heart.

Here is the Partridge. Again, hatchery stock standard size.

9332_partridge_cochin.jpg

Here is one we call Dunno. Cause we dunno what color this is supposed to be but s/he was given to us and hope s/he will be a good one for broodiness.

9332_dunno.jpg

This is our lovely Splash. We call her that because we haven't another her color. She was also given to us but I love her color. Very light with a few spots on her.

9332_splash.jpg

And last, but by far not the least, is our handsome pet roo, BC. He is cross from a blue/gold Brahma hen mix to a black Cochin roo and is hatched from a blue egg.
Isn't he pretty....er, handsome?

9332_bc_baby.jpg

And I can't resist a parting shot!
lau.gif

9332_splash_butt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom