Show me your Ameraucana chicks

Quote:
I was just wondering what type of chicken the black and white laced one is. The one who is larger than the rest. She looks so much like one of my cochins who we think is a mix.

Sorry for hijacking.
tongue.png

Thanks,
Janice

Last edited:
Good luck... These eggs I had ordered from a lady in Washington state, she breeds to show. Had to rehome my flock the first of this year due to family issues... So when I wanted to get some girls again I couldn't go through the incubating(deal with hubby to be able to get some girlys) so asked her if she had a cull she wanted to sell... Now this is officially the most expensive chicken I ever bought and she was worth every penny, she is such a character... My other blue I hatched with that Splash was a little lighter than this one... Hope you get some that look like this, they are gorgeous, blue is officially my fav color AM:
DSCF1671.jpg

Quote:
oooooooooo, she's beautiful. She was a cull?? Shows you what I know. She's gorgeous. I hope I eventually get some blues but what I understand is if I breed splash to black I will get blues. Time will tell.

Quote:
oooooooooo, she's beautiful. She was a cull?? Shows you what I know. She's gorgeous. I hope I eventually get some blues but what I understand is if I breed splash to black I will get blues. Time will tell.

All I could tell is that her middle toes are turned in... So that must be her DQ/fault for the breeder

hi,
mine is 5 weeks old and already showing a 3-row comb and a greenish shimmer on some tail feathers. so, looks like i have a boy.

Quote:
And he is an Ameraucana? not an EE?
Can you show me a pic of him at 5 weeks so I can compare to my three?
thanks

Quote:
None of these birds are splash.

I think you may not have gotten true ameraucanas. White ameraucanas are recessive white and would either hatch white or black carrying the recessive gene.

I am inclined to say they are probably mixed breeds or ee's. What color are their legs?

pips&peeps :

Quote:
None of these birds are splash.

I think you may not have gotten true ameraucanas. White ameraucanas are recessive white and would either hatch white or black carrying the recessive gene.

I am inclined to say they are probably mixed breeds or ee's. What color are their legs?

Interesting! I got them from Gabbard Hatching Eggs, sold as 'true ameraucanas' not EEs. They were actually sold as Blue Ameraucanas but I was told they could hatch B/B/S

I have a batch of Ameraucanas in the incubator right now from Cree Farms.

Legs are slate on the two darker chicks. Not sure on the white and black one. So you think they are EE's?​

The black and white one is in no way any color or mixed variety color I have ever seen.

The others could be blacks, it justs makes you wonder when the one comes out like that.

pips&peeps :

The black and white one is in no way any color or mixed variety color I have ever seen.

The others could be blacks, it justs makes you wonder when the one comes out like that.

Yes, I have wondered about her as well. Appreciate your comments. Thanks!​

Back
Top Bottom