Show me your duck coops! Update: also looking for duckling brooders

Someone forgot to give the yellow duckling the bulletin about being black. j/k

I set a dozen ancona and cayuga eggs on same day, but only 1 of the ancona eggs developed at all... and there he is now, looking like a peking duck. Hopefully he will develop some color when he gets his feathers. :)

Oh! He's a cute little guy!
love.gif

i had forgot to post these pix with the other one. i made it flip up so i can clean it easy. i put the panels inside for the winter and i use shrink wrap on the bottom to help cut down on the drafts

Here is my new brooder that hubby built with materials laying around our property. The ducklings in it are 9 days old. I love it.
love.gif

Lovely Brooder! Good job Hubby! What is the blue thing you have in the bottom? and if you don't mind i was wondering what the dimensions are, i am working on one for my
fl.gif
fl.gif
soon to be duckies!

Pekin, thanks! He's a keeper! :)

Bakin, The blue bottom is a throw blanket. They are $1 a piece at the local thrift store, and I already had a bunch of them from nursing a sick cat a year ago. The dimensions are 4.5 ft long by 3.5 ft wide by 2ft tall. The box sits on top of an office chair plastic mat. The wood on bottom rail is 1x4, the posts are 2x2 and the top rail is 1x2. The walls are made of aluminum window screen.

Pekin, thanks! He's a keeper! :)

Bakin, The blue bottom is a throw blanket. They are $1 a piece at the local thrift store, and I already had a bunch of them from nursing a sick cat a year ago. The dimensions are 4.5 ft long by 3.5 ft wide by 2ft tall. The box sits on top of an office chair plastic mat. The wood on bottom rail is 1x4, the posts are 2x2 and the top rail is 1x2. The walls are made of aluminum window screen.

oh ok thanks how often do you change it? and do you just throw it out after?

We change it twice a day. Hubby shakes the blankets out outside, then throws them into washing machine. Hubby does a lot of laundry these days.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom