Show me your duck coops!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Schmied forge, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Schmied forge

Schmied forge Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2016
    Hi I'm getting khaki Campbell's this spring and need Ideas for duck coops... so could you post some pictures of yours? Thanks!

2. Apocha14

Apocha14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    I don't have a picture of mine but i used an old hen house, 4X4 for 3 ducks. Mine didn't use nesting boxes, just liked it full of hay all the time, they will usually lay in the corner of the coop or somewhere outside in my experience. My ducks were super picky about being clean, i know thats weird for ducks but they were. If I let it get the least bit dirty, they wouldn't go in at night. As soon as i cleaned it, they would go right in. One thing i suggest is a draining pool. I never got around to it but its a necessity. Some sort of pool dug into the ground with a pipe that you can turn a spigot and drain the pond. I was cleaning a kiddie pool EVERY SINGLE DAY! Also something that worked well, feeding them and putting there water in a half of the pen that had pebbles or stones laid down. Im talking like a dump truck load of river pea stones or something. When you rinse, or dump the water, or they make a mess, the stones are easily rinsed and don't make a ton of mud. :) Good luck, ducks are fun and so amazing to watch, i miss my guys but boy are they a ton of work!

3. JJpuck

JJpuck Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2014
    There's a great thread for this. I don't know how to add the link, but if you search "Duck Houses" it should be the first one that pops up. I got a TON of ideas from this thread.

4. blueducklings

blueducklings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    Redmond, WA
    [​IMG] here is my duck condo
    3 units side by side for 2/5/2 during the breeding season
    Houses 9 ducks
    Storeys guide to raising ducks has a good and simple duck house too

1 person likes this.
  5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    That is an adorable House, I'd love to see your Runners too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by