Show me your duck coops!

We've had "snow" exactly twice. Once sometime in 1989 or 1990 I think (according to my parents) and once in 2009 when my son was just a baby. We built the tiniest snowman you could imagine. So, twice in the 30 years since I was born. Although I think snow is the most beautiful thing ever, I'm not sure I could live in it.
I couldn't either. If we get any snow it's usually gone the next day. Everyone gets out and plays in it and it's fun. About every 10 years we get a snowstorm that is a big one for us. We are paralyzed for days when that happens. But, as I said once every 10 years so I can live with that.

here is a drawing of the coop I'm building for my ducklings that will be here at the end of next month. its figured for six ducks i would like a bigger run but i plan on letting them free range in the yard. it also backs upto my garage on the long side so its nice and close to the house.

Attachments

• IMG_2659.JPG
    IMG_2659.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 21
i love the runs you guys have! That is my dream run i have an area to do that but there is an old car in the shed and its about 50 yards from my house. I also plan on moving in less than 4 years so there is that also.

My set up right now - the big metal coop (repurposed dog kennels) is dug about 2 Inches into the ground and covered in hardwire mesh - the two small wood coops are temporary houses until my drakes get their hormones under control and my 8 female ducklings come of age 🙄

Attachments

• 34E4D36B-0103-4BF1-ABC8-9BD26A3F29F1.jpeg
    34E4D36B-0103-4BF1-ABC8-9BD26A3F29F1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom