Show me your EGG BASKETS please

PlymouthRocker

Songster
10 Years
May 7, 2009
Plymouth County MA
My girls have just started laying and I only get one egg at a time, but I am hoping that with 24 of them that eventually I will not be able to carry them in one hand! Please show me your egg basket! I wanna see all kinds:

Martha Stewart basket - When you see it you think, "It's a good thing."

Redneck basket - "You might be a redneck if you collect eggs in THIS . . . "

Minnie Pearl basket - So new that it still has the price tag on it.

Ultimate Tim Taylor basket - Homemade by a guy who loves power tools.

Prettiest basket

Antique basket

Most Unexpected basket

Handcrafted basket

ANY BASKET!

I did a simular post in the egglaying section. Only got a few pics though. I have found some local basket makers since then but my $30 for a handwoven is a bit pricy for me right now. Just think we are in luck to get halloween baskets for collecting our eggs. Now is that not a thought.
yippiechickie.gif

Oooh! It's dark here now, but tomorrow morning, I have dibs on providing the pic of an antique basket with eggs. Mom gave me the most beautiful wire egg basket for Christmas this last year. It comes from the mid 1870's. Just gorgeous!! You're going to love it!
wink.png
But, you have to be patient and wait till tomorrow.....

***furiously scribbles note to self....remember to take pics of antique egg basket...*** Seriously! I have to do that or I won't remember! My brain up and left me like a fart in the wind years ago!
lau.gif

I dont' have egg layers yet but I already have a basket in hand! LOL! Landlady's family left behind TONS of stuff that she said we can have if we want. I found a stack of old apple buckets in the barn that I have already decided to use as an egg basket. When I told her about it, she said that's exactly what they were used for! LOL! Good minds think alike!

big_smile.png

Here you go
40490_30092009204.jpg

This is a little basket that my daughter (now 19) played with when she was maybe 3.
When I said I wanted something to collect my eggs in, she dissappeared off to her room saying she had just the thing, and proceeded to decorate it for me. So here it is waiting patiently for my pullets to get on with it...
roll.png

I put the 'boughten' eggs in to give an idea of the size
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Well PlymouthRocker,
Now that she is out of the house, it is rather nice to know my daughter is here collecting eggs in spirit
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom