Show me your Lavender Orpingtons

Both look like cockerals to me too. Here's a pic of one of mine around 20wks old to compare with:
20200902_095312.jpg

Yeah, both of them are cockerels. I just had a friend purchase two Lavender pullets and when she sent me pictures I told her quick, fast, and in a hurry they were cockerels. She paid $60.00 for them. The breeder insists they are pullets and if they aren't what she wanted then she can just re-sell them. Like who in their right mind would pay $60 for a Lavender Orpington cockerel that isn't even well-bred. I can't even get $50 for my Silver-laced adult roosters.

Last edited:
Yeah, both of them are cockerels. I just had a friend purchase two Lavender pullets and when she sent me pictures I told her quick, fast, and in a hurry they were cockerels. She paid $60.00 for them. The breeder insists they are pullets and if they aren't what she wanted then she can just re-sell them. Like who in their right might would pay $60 for a Lavender Orpington cockerel that isn't even well-bred. I can't even get $50 for my Silver-laced adult roosters.
Oh jeez!

Yeah, both of them are cockerels. I just had a friend purchase two Lavender pullets and when she sent me pictures I told her quick, fast, and in a hurry they were cockerels. She paid $60.00 for them. The breeder insists they are pullets and if they aren't what she wanted then she can just re-sell them. Like who in their right mind would pay $60 for a Lavender Orpington cockerel that isn't even well-bred. I can't even get $50 for my Silver-laced adult roosters.
I'd be BIG mad.

I'd be BIG mad.

Me too. Of course I wouldn't have bought them in the first place. I've been in chickens way too long to have someone pull one over on me like that. Plus I find since the public at large has gotten access to Lavender Orpingtons and are breeding them indiscriminately to produce *ULTRA RARE* Lavandar OrFingTOns!!! or whatever mess they are labeling them on ebay or Craigslist, the quality of the birds are terrible and I just outright won't own them. There are some really nice English bloodlines around, but they are harder to find.

Me too. Of course I wouldn't have bought them in the first place. I've been in chickens way too long to have someone pull one over on me like that. Plus I find since the public at large has gotten access to Lavender Orpingtons and are breeding them indiscriminately to produce *ULTRA RARE* Lavandar OrFingTOns!!! or whatever mess they are labeling them on ebay or Craigslist, the quality of the birds are terrible and I just outright won't own them. There are some really nice English bloodlines around, but they are harder to find.
Amen to that.

Back
Top Bottom