Show me your muffs, beards, and tufts!

This is a thread for me! I love all things bearded, muffed, and crested! 😍😍

I have Ameraucanas, bantam Ameraucanas, silkies, d’Anvers, d’Uccles, Watermaals, a Salmon Faverolle, a Russian Orloff, silkies, satins, and Polish! I mean look at the babies too! 😍😍
What a fabulous flock…so beautiful and adorable and such variety! I’m so jealous. I’m only allowed 8 total hens here so I have to keep myself in check

The silkie at front does have a beard too but his big wattles are hiding it :rolleyes:
20230703_143729~2.jpg
20230522_100608.jpg

What a fabulous flock…so beautiful and adorable and such variety! I’m so jealous. I’m only allowed 8 total hens here so I have to keep myself in check
Thank you! 😍😍

Oh my! I don’t know how you can have the willpower 😳 I had 8 for approximately 2 months…and then I had 20 and then 40 and then 55…and now I don’t know how many. 😆 And I live in suburbia 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ Thankfully on a big lot at least!

Okay . . . So I know this is a muff, tuft, and beard thread, but I have an Easter Egger cock over all my girls and I thought this was neat. The two boys pictured came out of my naked neck hen, so of course they're sporting the naked look. But these pictures also show where the beard would be, since they did inherit that from their dad and they'd be bearded if it weren't for their mom. I've also got a little pullet from the same cross who would look exactly like her mom if it weren't for the extra chin skin and lack of wattles. So I just thought people would be interested in seeing what their bearded birds might look like if they ever took up shaving!

20231119_085454.jpg

Remus, with a big ol' flap of chin skin and tiny, underdeveloped wattles.

20231119_085654.jpg

Romulus, with the extra chin skin but no wattle development at all.

Here's some more of my bearded crosses, this time of the unshaven variety.

20231106_152456.jpg

This guy came from a brown leghorn mother. Loved the coloring, but too many roosters meant I had to get rid of him.

20231106_152549.jpg

Klaus, a bantam cochin X Easter egger. He's got tiny wattles as well as a little beard, and he looks so much like a chicken version of Santa Claus I couldn't bear to get rid of him. I justify it by rationalizing half bantams don't count towards the rooster total.

20231020_095209.jpg

Another bantam cochin X Easter egger, this time a pullet. Obviously as a half bantam she doesn't count towards my total chicken count. I love her black beard.

20231119_085540.jpg

From left to right: Li'l Dot (wyandotte X easter egger), Marian (she either came out of a leghorn or a welsummer egg, I forget), and one of my original Easter Egger girls, Elise.

20231201_134941.jpg

Brown leghorn X Easter egger. Again, I'm loving all my little Black Beard the pirate pullets.

20231201_134848.jpg

Australorp X Easter egger. all the great traits of an Australorp, with bonus puffy cheeks!

20230831_102949.jpg

And Rumplestiltskin, the father of them all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom