Show me your Partridge Rock roosters!

mrbstephens

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Long Island, New York
I have a PR cockerell and would like a preview of what he'll look like. Please post your pics! Also please tell me about their personality. Right now he isn't at all mean, hasn't crowed and hasn't been harassing my pullets. He communicates with me when they are in need of more food or water and seams to look after the ladies. I'm wondering if his personality will change as he ages. Thanks!

Anyone?
pop.gif

rudy2.jpg

His name is Rudy and he has a badly frostbit foot came from MurrayMcmury hatchery crippled.

He is mean with small children around age 6 and under.

Last edited:
Quote:
If you do a search on here for PRs you will find a number of them have pictures included. Temperment depends alot on which hatchery you buy from. I know for a fact that MM has a bad aggressive line that they sell. My niebor here has some and my frined up North has some. Many of the other hatcheries are very good with temeperments.

Quote:
If you do a search on here for PRs you will find a number of them have pictures included. Temperment depends alot on which hatchery you buy from. I know for a fact that MM has a bad aggressive line that they sell. My niebor here has some and my frined up North has some. Many of the other hatcheries are very good with temeperments.

Interesting! He's from Mt. Healthy hatchery in Ohio.

The lot that I have are from Mt Healthy also. Very uniform in the color and how they are growing. I have one pullet testing my patience though. She reminds me of one of my German Shepherd pups years ago I bred, was the first out of the whelping box and on my bed, could never keep her in. This pullet is the first out of the brooder always flying to roost on the top. I have pics of them on my blog.

Well my partridge rocks are from murray mcmurray hatchery, I bought them last spring. There is not an aggresive one in the lot. The hens are sweethearts and love to socialize with you and the rooster, he does his job. He is not mean, nor aggressive. He is a rooster though and he isnt as sweet as the girls. Here is some pictures of him we took this evening, my kids love him!
10488_001.jpg

10488_004.jpg

10488_003.jpg

Thanks, mrbstephens, for asking the question. I hope to see some more pics. We have some Partridge Rocks, too. Ours are only about 6 weeks old, though, and I can't tell the cockerels from the pullets yet. We got ours from MacMurray (or however you spell it) and I hope we didn't get any of that aggressive strain mentioned by cybercat.

Back
Top Bottom