Show me your quail pens!!!

Pics
Quote:
So Tony - what do you currently have?
I really like you pens!
big_smile.png

I raise pheasants in 14 species.These are the brooders which are empty until hatching season.[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/13763_tonys_birds_011.jpg[/URL]These are my pheasant pens.
In N.H.,Tony.

Wow -
ep.gif

Love your pens!
thumbsup.gif

I made a change to the pen.

Since I set up the Quail pen, I've been using a light clamped to the outside, so it shines in.

Well, then I started reading about people using Christmas lights to light their pens.

I think it works well!

73311_photo440.jpg

73311_photo439.jpg

I stapled the lights to the underside of the Hutch lid with most of the lights on the open side where the Quail spend most of their time.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Any of you have had problems with your Bobwhites flushing inside the pen and hitting the top to hard? Specially SamG347, Kullas and JJMR794 that have setups with an height similar to mine.

I Dont Seem To Have Any Problems With Flushing.... But Then Again I Dont Have Any Animals Lurking Around To Startle The Birds... (i'm A Little Rough On Predators... Lets Just Say I Fix Predation Problems Permanently.... 1 Predator At A Time
smile.png
)

Quote:
I love your design. Could you provide us with the various dimensions and cuts? I'll run out today and get the sheet of plywood and copy this! I was planning on building a new brooder today anyway, and instead I might just make this (and use it as a brooder when needed, and when not a brooder use it as a coop). Great coop!!

Back
Top Bottom