Show me your quail pens!!!

Pics

This is my brood house

Sweet! I like how you're repurposing those liquid totes. Great idea.

Just picked up 10 Coturnix quail and built this cage for them. I am new to quail but feel confident after finding this site, thanks for all the great information and I hope to contribute as I go.

Well, this isn't really a pen. Just a temporary setting until this little group is completely feathered and can move into a larger aviary (two of them will be sold.) It an old large curio cabinet, with side glass panels removed and replaced by mesh screening. I added a full spectrum slim-line light to the top and attached the red heat lamp to the side.

Just wanted to say hello all, and that I'm starting up a cot quail-keeping 'hobby' this summer.

I don't have any pens yet, but I have big dreams for a good chunk of land.....

The shed on the left will be for the quail over-winter. The fore/mid ground will be a very large run w/ sides & top cover. There will be bushes & many set hides planted about. I'm a 'youngin' so I don't mind searching for eggs. :)

I've not settled on 'inner' pens yet but I will make an indoor/outdoor run specifically for my high-quality breeders. Eggs first, meat last. 10-20 or so quail to start this year, next year...50?
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom