Show off your 2011 Turkey Poults

57467_hpim6012.jpg

Here are my youngsters (royal palm crossed with a black) they are 4 weeks old and 4 days old!!!
big_smile.png

My momma hen let them go outside for the first time and I just happen to be there to get some pictures.
83505_3-29-11_007.jpg

I have a pure royal hen sitting on her nest and she is due on Wednesday or so!!
big_smile.png

Here are my first two (first hatch ever!). One hatched Sunday night and the other Monday morning. I have one more due in the next few days and then 4 more due on April 6. Can't wait to set more (I've got 8 waiting so far!) totally addicted!!!!!!!!!!

81125_turkey_poults.jpg

Quote:
You don't have a generator! Boy, I live out in the sticks and when we have a bad storm or hurricane, we get knocked out for 5-6 days sometimes. Couldn't live without a generator. It powers up the whole house except the heat, air and water heater.

My first set of they year are going to the hatcher tomorrow and every week after that for a while until late summer when I will slow down.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your power outage. It is sad.
hit.gif

The poults in the pic are sooooooooooo cute!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

You have so many!!! WOW !!!
wee.gif
What breeds do you have?

Thanks for sharing.

I have about 30 varieties. This year I am working on a few projects that could take years to perfect. A large meat size Palm line in all colors. My goal is a 36 pound tom. I have noticed a interest in a colored large breasted mini turkey. So I am going to play around and see what I can do. I also want to bred more Harlequin turkeys since they are my favorite.

Quote:
You don't have a generator! Boy, I live out in the sticks and when we have a bad storm or hurricane, we get knocked out for 5-6 days sometimes. Couldn't live without a generator. It powers up the whole house except the heat, air and water heater.

My first set of they year are going to the hatcher tomorrow and every week after that for a while until late summer when I will slow down.

We have never had a power outage that has lasted more than a hour in my whole life. I never felt I needed a generator. I do feel I jinxed myself by mentioning that we might think of buying a generator just the day before when the lights started flickering. We have of all the baby chicks, poults, geese and and incubators going. We even looked on line at generators. Our house is completely ran by electric also. We were first told it would be out 1 hr. Then three hours. Then by three and so on. I was keeping everything warm at the fireplace. I even managed to slightly melt two incubators that where in the process of hatching. When we seen a second crew get called in to fix the transformer, we went searching for a generator. I will probably never need a generator again.

Back
Top Bottom