Show off your baby animals! Lets see em!

Quote:
Just curious. How did you end up with a white mallard? Cute little guy. Too bad you lost it.
sad.png
The rest of them are adorable. I wish I could have duckies where I live. Maybe again some day...

There is a breeder about 2 hours away from me (it's called "Featherwood Farm" in Neshkoro, WI) who breeds both Gray and White mallards. I went to buy two Grey Mallard ducklings, and the guy pulled out this little, runty white duckling and asked me if I wanted him too, because he was weak and didn't have a chance in the brooder he was in - he would've been trampled.

Anyways, white mallards occur naturally (as a rare mutation) in wild populations every once in awhile. I know there are a few breeders scattered across the U.S. that breed them. There's someone else here on the BYC forum who has a few of them too.

Quote:
Just curious. How did you end up with a white mallard? Cute little guy. Too bad you lost it.
sad.png
The rest of them are adorable. I wish I could have duckies where I live. Maybe again some day...

There is a breeder about 2 hours away from me (it's called "Featherwood Farm" in Neshkoro, WI) who breeds both Gray and White mallards. I went to buy two Grey Mallard ducklings, and the guy pulled out this little, runty white duckling and asked me if I wanted him too, because he was weak and didn't have a chance in the brooder he was in - he would've been trampled.

Anyways, white mallards occur naturally (as a rare mutation) in wild populations every once in awhile. I know there are a few breeders scattered across the U.S. that breed them. There's someone else here on the BYC forum who has a few of them too.

Thats pretty cool. Ive never heard of a white mallard before. Only seen the greys.

more. Same baby pigeons. And bunnies.

I am not sure who is who. My computer mixed up the pictures when I uploaded them to it. I have been letting them out while I am doing chores(feeding birds and rabbits).

PBUNNIES2006.jpg

PBUNNIES2003.jpg

PBUNNIES2004.jpg

PBUNNIES2005.jpg

These two were taken about a week ago.

PBUNNIES2008.jpg

PBUNNIES2009.jpg

more new ones

PBUNNIES2011.jpg

PBUNNIES2013.jpg

PBUNNIES2015.jpg

PBUNNIES2019.jpg

Their dad is on the right.
PBUNNIES2020.jpg

Momma bunny and her babies. They will be five weeks old this week. She was a top quality show rabbit a year ago. Was always the one to beat fo rbest in group/4-class. Never won it though. She also placed 6th place at the ARBA national convention and show three years ago.

PBUNNIES2021.jpg

PBUNNIES2022.jpg

PBUNNIES2023.jpg

PBUNNIES2024.jpg

And the mixed breed babies and mom again. Actually you can see the mom in the background of one the pictures above.
PBUNNIES2007.jpg

PBUNNIES2010.jpg

PBUNNIES2016.jpg

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

AWWWW! The bunnies are SO CUTE! I just love the grey and white one and the momma!
love.gif

Thanks. she's not the brightest rabbit in the barn. But she is very loving and sweet. I forgot to mention her name is baby.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom