Status
Not open for further replies.
They are absolutely cuddly and very friendly. I have never ever come across chickens so lovely as bantam cochins. As I knew they would have to leave eventually, I tried not to get to close to them. Yeah right!
I have not seen them fly high at all. I don't know if they could if they felt they need to though.
I know they go broody a lot. I did not have them with me long enough to answer how many eggs. Sorry!
They are not very big... but just so adorable!
You should take good care of their feet. Make sure their feet and feathers on their feet are as clean as possible.

Meet Cruella, my 2 month old mottled cochin bantam pullet
20210906_203955.jpg
PicsArt_09-07-11.27.47.jpg

Cochin/Pekin folk. Please TRUTHFULLY answer the questions below:
  1. How friendly/cuddly are they?
I don't have bantam cochin but I do have a full sized one and she is so sweet and cuddly! She will sit on my lap and stretch out her neck and fall asleep! I hope she stays like this as she grows up because she is only about 3-4 months right now! 🥰

Cochin/Pekin folk. Please TRUTHFULLY answer the questions below:
  1. How friendly/cuddly are they?
  2. Broody? How many eggs?
  3. Can they fly high? Could they fly out a brooder?
  4. How big are they?
  5. Any other things I must know?
we had a few a couple years ago, and I now have 2.

1. None of the ones I've had have been very cuddly, but that's because I didn't try to tame them in case they were all cockerels. They do seem to be friendlier then most of my other chickens.

2. We had one that went broody, sitting on 3 (I think, it was a long time ago) and successfully hatched all of them. She probably went broody more than that though. I don't know how many eggs, my pullet isn't laying yet.

3. I don't think they could fly higher than my standard sized birds. They don't seem to fly as much.

4. As chicks the 2 I have now were probably half the size of the rest, and maybe similar now? I'll try and get pics of them beside my EEs.

5. They are absolutely adorable and as chicks you will want them to always be with you. They are so tiny and so very cute.
ETA: I kinda want to add to what @abpatchy said about their feet. If you live in a muddy/wet place, you might have to clean their feet or... something.

Last edited:
I only have one, Hanabi. She is a real sweetheart. 🥰View attachment 2825529View attachment 2825530View attachment 2825531View attachment 2825532Hatchery quality from Cackle, but still pretty cute. She is such a tiny little thing. One of my very small silkie pullets that is 3 weeks younger, is about the same size.😊 I would get more if I had room! Photos from this morning, she is 20 weeks old now. Think she may be laying soon, she’s been checking out the nest boxes! She is very curious and always tries to peck the camera!🤣
Hanabi is exactly why i want red 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom