Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Are you sure they're mottled? Mottled start out with that big white bib and then lose it. Do you have any pics of your birds?
IMG_20210827_194028_01.jpg
IMG_20210902_121351_01.jpg

Ik my little buff brahma is in it but it's a good pic of one of the girls they're about 4 months old now

I have Mottleds as well, though mine seem very heavy on the white compared to the pictures I usually see so I'm not sure if they'd make much of a useful comparison. They're from Meyer Hatchery, so I wasn't expecting show stoppers or anything, and I like them even if they are a bit loony at times. 🤣

Bryony.jpg
Ida cuteness.jpg
Vira.jpg

The darkest one, Sylvie, looks like she's wearing white boots at the moment. :p She was very light like the other three before her most recent molt.

1632251997470.png

How the heck do I get my hands on one like this 🥺
I got Cruella from Mypetchicken but they source their birds from Meyer Hatchery in Polk Ok. For a hatchery bird, she is very beautiful and to type. I need to show an updated pic she is getting really pretty! She even has green eyes. Matches her name for sure🤣 While I don't have any dogs, I'm sure this poor bantam will have a heart attack

I have Mottleds as well, though mine seem very heavy on the white compared to the pictures I usually see so I'm not sure if they'd make much of a useful comparison. They're from Meyer Hatchery, so I wasn't expecting show stoppers or anything, and I like them even if they are a bit loony at times. 🤣

View attachment 2841470View attachment 2841473View attachment 2841475

The darkest one, Sylvie, looks like she's wearing white boots at the moment. :p She was very light like the other three before her most recent molt.

View attachment 2841477
They're both beautiful! How young are they here? And when did you first get some eggs from them? I got mine from Meyer too [through mypetchicken]

There's actually four of them; in order of those pictures, that's Bryony, Ida, Vira, and Sylvie. They're three years old now and those are pretty recent pictures, within the last year or so, I think. Sylvie's picture was the most recent, like three days ago or something. Looking at the pictures of your girl, they all looked very similar to her at that age. 😊

I believe they were around 7 months old when they started laying. 😬 They're pretty late layers. (Editing here, Vira was laying at 7 months and it looks like the other three were closer to 8 months old when they started laying.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom