Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes! I always call my little cochin “dainty” cause she always just is so cute, its so sad though because she often trips over her own feathers and i feel so bad lol! She just runs along trying to catch up to them, and then falls, and gets back up like nothing happened!
she reminds me of a barn owl so much the way she sits, i dont know why! Her little talons and under fluff just reminds me of that.
Awww I bet that is SO cute watching her try to catch up. This little girl is part of a secondary flock I got. They are 14 weeks old and all at the bottom of the pecking order when it comes to my Roo and 4 adults hens but she seems to have the most confidence. Always the first to come up for a treat after the bullies are done.

Awww I bet that is SO cute watching her try to catch up. This little girl is part of a secondary flock I got. They are 14 weeks old and all at the bottom of the pecking order when it comes to my Roo and 4 adults hens but she seems to have the most confidence. Always the first to come up for a treat after the bullies are done.
They are for some reason! Their so small but yet so mighty! Its quite awesome! And yes, its adorable watching her get up, shake her feathers and run along like nothing happened at all 😂

I have Mottleds as well, though mine seem very heavy on the white compared to the pictures I usually see so I'm not sure if they'd make much of a useful comparison. They're from Meyer Hatchery, so I wasn't expecting show stoppers or anything, and I like them even if they are a bit loony at times. 🤣

View attachment 2841470View attachment 2841473View attachment 2841475

The darkest one, Sylvie, looks like she's wearing white boots at the moment. :p She was very light like the other three before her most recent molt.

View attachment 2841477
I would love to have those white mottled ones. :love

Is it your first time getting chicks? Cause when we got chicks for the first time I sat out with them for so long! 🤣 And now every single time we get chicks(which has been 3-4 times now!) I sit out with them for hours again. Chickens are SO addicting!!🤣
Not my first nope :)
I just love babies. And boy do we have some now.
We got the four in the picture,
Four that were born in the coop in July, and yesterday a hen we thought got taken by a hawk (a japanese bantam who is tiny, and I searched for her EVEYWHERE FOR TWO WEEKS) showed up in front of the barn with four of the TINIEST cutest little black bantam babies about the size of friggen cotton balls lol.
We bought a coop kit for my daughter for her birthday to build for her to raise a small group of "show chickens", as she wants to start breeding and showing them. So hopefully we will have even more babies in the future!!!!

Not my first nope :)
I just love babies. And boy do we have some now.
We got the four in the picture,
Four that were born in the coop in July, and yesterday a hen we thought got taken by a hawk (a japanese bantam who is tiny, and I searched for her EVEYWHERE FOR TWO WEEKS) showed up in front of the barn with four of the TINIEST cutest little black bantam babies about the size of friggen cotton balls lol.
We bought a coop kit for my daughter for her birthday to build for her to raise a small group of "show chickens", as she wants to start breeding and showing them. So hopefully we will have even more babies in the future!!!!
We bring our bantom and hedemora to 4-H for show, their very gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom