Show off your Black Australorp

Pics
I am sorry but we are going to have to agree to disagree. Here is a blue Australorp pullet and Black Australorp Cockerel at 8 weeks. As you can see very little comb development in the pullet in the background and very prominent development in the boy. This is stock standard through all of my Australorps.
Yep that's the way mine are on the pullets. Very little comb and dull in color. But the cockerels are much larger and bright in color.

oh nooooo I am so sorry!
sad.png
Thanks. We will miss her!

Sorry for your loss!

Free range is cool, and definitely is cheaper then buying all that chicken wire for the run, but in places where coyotes, and other animals of that sort live, it's not a "excellent" option.

caf.gif
Agreed. We are going to make some big changes. The girls aren't going to be happy for a bit, but at least they will be safe. Thanks.

I have 11 three week old australoups and I am trying to sex them. I noticed some has pretty long tail feathers already and some as pretty big combs. Does this have anything to do with sexing??

Our 2 4 week old australorps not sure of gender just yet, 1st one were sure its a roo but the 2nd one were not sure about hoping a pullet!!

Back
Top Bottom