Show off your Black Australorp

Pics

Hey guys!

I have two chicks, a Black Australorp named Audrey and an Easter Egger named Ellie!
In the last while, I have been very scared that Audrey is a roo! Eeeeek! It would be terrible because these two have bonded and I am not allowed roosters where I am (one of my chicks died, so left with two....) :-(

Anyhoo, from 48 hours old, Audrey has always been the 'protector' and the 'look out' Maybe it's just her personality?
They are supposed to be 90% pullet, but....I guess things happen?!

She is about the same size as Ellie, maybe slightly bulkier, but just slight. Both have the same size/thickness in legs. Audreys comb, however has just started to grow before Ellies, but no wattles showing yet. Her tail didn't grow as fast as Ellies, or didn't get as wide I should say. Both are the same size now at 4 week, but again, not as wide up to down as Elllies....

I am just so nervous about it!

Anyhoo, here she is! :) If any BA owners can chip in if they think she is male or female, please do! I would soooooo appreciate it!
Thanks for looking!! :D I love my GIRLS!

Car ride home!

First photoshoot, ha ha!

Getting older!

First tour of coop!

Getting bigger, 3 weeks!

Almost 4 weeks and a light coloured comb....no wattles....

Her tail....smaller than Ellies, or should I say, less wide up to down....

Hey guys!

I have two chicks, a Black Australorp named Audrey and an Easter Egger named Ellie!
In the last while, I have been very scared that Audrey is a roo! Eeeeek! It would be terrible because these two have bonded and I am not allowed roosters where I am (one of my chicks died, so left with two....) :-(

Anyhoo, from 48 hours old, Audrey has always been the 'protector' and the 'look out' Maybe it's just her personality?
They are supposed to be 90% pullet, but....I guess things happen?!

She is about the same size as Ellie, maybe slightly bulkier, but just slight. Both have the same size/thickness in legs. Audreys comb, however has just started to grow before Ellies, but no wattles showing yet. Her tail didn't grow as fast as Ellies, or didn't get as wide I should say. Both are the same size now at 4 week, but again, not as wide up to down as Elllies....

I am just so nervous about it!

Anyhoo, here she is! :) If any BA owners can chip in if they think she is male or female, please do! I would soooooo appreciate it!
Thanks for looking!! :D I love my GIRLS!

Car ride home!

First photoshoot, ha ha!

Getting older!

First tour of coop!

Getting bigger, 3 weeks!

Almost 4 weeks and a light coloured comb....no wattles....

Her tail....smaller than Ellies, or should I say, less wide up to down....

I'm fairly sure it's a pullet. Too soon to judge, though. Also, protective traits wouldn't show in small cockerels. Mine took about 6 months, a while after getting large combs and wattles, before he finally accepted he was going to have to take care of the hens.

I'm fairly sure it's a pullet. Too soon to judge, though. Also, protective traits wouldn't show in small cockerels. Mine took about 6 months, a while after getting large combs and wattles, before he finally accepted he was going to have to take care of the hens.
Hi GimmeCake!
Thanks so much for the response, I hope your guess is right! That is what I was thinking....she has had this personality trait right from the get go!
:)

Back
Top Bottom