Show off your chicken names!!!

ChickenCharmer

Songster
10 Years
May 2, 2009
The Redwoods of California
I want to see the names of your chickens! I've seen some really good ones on this site, and maybe they'll give us ideas for finding names for our new chicks!

Here are some of mine:

Agatha, Gloria, Clara, Hilda, Lucy, Nickel, Penny, Artemis, Athena, Cinder, Corona, Phoenix, Antoinette, Daphne, Isabell, Ivory, Florence, Beth, Pandora, Diana, Edwina, Princess, Angela, Gladys, Victoria, Henrietta, Willow, Sunshine, ELiza, Simone, Martha

and some roos:

Alexander the Great, Chanticleer, Remus, Vienna, Galileo, Napoleon, Apollo.

There are more, but this should be enough. Now let's see yours!

Here's mine.

15498_img_0003.jpg

Imp

I once had a white hen named Delilah.
She LOVED beer.
The lush new a cola can from a beer can, and would peck the dickens out of your shoe, until you gave her a drink. She would fly up on your shoulder and bum a sip if you were drinking her flavor of beer.
On new years, at the stroke of midnight, we all went to the hen house, (which was lit for heat) woke her up, and gave her a cup of her own beer.

She was the best hen I'd ever had....killed by a freaking dog who soon there after met his end.

Delilah. A good name for any hen who is part person.

**Cheers, Old Girl**

My chickies come in 6 days, so no decided names to think of.
Here are what we like-
Dinner
Tasty
Fried
Smoked
Baked
Rotesserie (SP?)
Original
Extra crispie
Spicy

Now, these are the names that my male friends all found quite funny. I'm sure I'll probably go for a more sophisticated name choice such as Brunch, or Bubba (should I recieve a roo)...
big_smile.png

we only have a couple of ours named
RIR=rosey
Andalusian=miss priss named because no matter how rainy or muddy the run is she is the only chicken that dont have a feather out of place and never dirty
Appenzeller Spitzhauben=hippy
Naked Neck rooster=emu

Not all my chickens have been named but for those who have been named, either individually or collectively, the names are:
The Scarborough Faire Spice Girls:
Parsley (NH hen)
Sage (NH hen)
Rosemary (BR hen)
Thyme (NH hen) (Took the time, once only, at 7 months to go broody and hatch chicks.)

The Pumpkin Pie Spice Girls:
Ginger (EE hen)
Cinnamon (EE hen)
Nutmeg (EE hen)
Clove (EE hen)

Additional Spice Girls:
Saffron (NH hen) (We also called her Mellow Yellow.)
Cumin (NH hen)

Mr. Milquetoast (BR rooster) (Wonderful rooster in my avatar.)
Lennon (NH rooster) (aka Lenin from The Good Life/Good Neighbors) (He wanted to give peace a chance.)

Offspring of Lennon and NH hen:
BC (NH rooster) (aka Big Comb and Thing One)
LC (NH rooster) (aka Little Comb and Thing Two)

Offspring of Mr. Milquetoast and one of the Spice Girls (but not Rosemary):
The Lone Ranger (rooster)
The young flock (one rooster and four hens)
Two of the Three Stooges

The Three Stooges (3 roosters who mostly get along - includes BR from the farmer who incubated some eggs for us.)

We have not yet considered names for 14 chicks hatched 20 May 2014 purchased from Ideal (8 NH pullets, 2 BR pullets, and 4 white Silkie bantams).

Back
Top Bottom