Show off your dogs!!!!!!!!!!!! **VERY PIC HEAVY!!**

Quote:
OMGoodness, I can just see the 1st pup saying " This is mine!"
wink.png

Look what followed me home from work on Saturday. :lol:He is such a sweetie! We have named him Emmett. So, far he and Rosto (Boston Terrier mix) are best buds and playing great together. He sounds like a rabid squirrel when he's playing with his "older brother". Vet says he's around 10 wks. old and he weighs a whopping 3 lbs. Well, here's my little boy.
He's a cream and white Pomeranian puppy.
Emmett004.jpg

Emmett008.jpg

Emmett003.jpg

Emmett001.jpg

Quote:
Wow I just saw this! Awesome thing that you do! I don't use a Guide Dog, but I do have a Medical Alert Dog. Well I did, Spook passed away in June.

1659_n_a.jpg

I am currently training my next dog, Katie, is also deaf. I'm training with her with hand signals.

1659_k10910.jpg

People don't realize what goes into raising a Guide/Service Dog, not just the training but the $$$$ as well.

Thank you for raising puppies!!

I love using signals VS words. Dog's learn hand signals way faster than verbal cue. All of my guys know our own little version of sign language from a very early age. I only add verbal cues after they dog begins to show an understanding of the hand signal. I've worked with a lot of deaf dogs and their owners are usually surprised at quickly and easily they begin to learn what we want.
smile.png
I've also worked with a lot of service dogs, there is a big group of people here who raise CCI puppies. They can't teach the hand signals and sometimes it's frustrating b/c I am so accustomed to using them.

Quote:
Wow I just saw this! Awesome thing that you do! I don't use a Guide Dog, but I do have a Medical Alert Dog. Well I did, Spook passed away in June.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/1659_n_a.jpg

I am currently training my next dog, Katie, is also deaf. I'm training with her with hand signals.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/1659_k10910.jpg

People don't realize what goes into raising a Guide/Service Dog, not just the training but the $$$$ as well.

Thank you for raising puppies!!

Aww! Thank you! And what a beautiful dog! I'm so sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

So hard at work today in my office and I look around and what do I see!!!

Sadie looking up at my begging to be picked up!!

b0aa872a.jpg

Here is Muddy and Sadie in their play pen

6bbce487.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom