Show Off Your Games!

Thank you all for the info! A Radio was the best I could figure and didn't know what to look for in a Sweater. My girl is probably a mix because of her slightly fluffy butt. A farmer "gifted" her to me last year because she hides her eggs and seems to go broody once a month! She's also a bossy little thing that has no problem telling you what's what.

Thank you all for the info! A Radio was the best I could figure and didn't know what to look for in a Sweater. My girl is probably a mix because of her slightly fluffy butt. A farmer "gifted" her to me last year because she hides her eggs and seems to go broody once a month! She's also a bossy little thing that has no problem telling you what's what.

Well that looks more like a kelso mix to me. If you want chickens for eggs she is not the best option and remember all males from this kind of fowl will fight so if she gets broody with her own eggs males will be fighting once they grow, and some females too.!

This is a sweater:

There's a some variety of colors in sweaters (not many only like two As far as I know) but this is my favorite Color from hens.

Last edited:
Well that looks more like a kelso mix to me. If you want chickens for eggs she is not the best option and remember all males from this kind of fowl will fight so if she gets broody with her own eggs males will be fighting once they grow, and some females too.!

This is a sweater:

There's a some variety of colors in sweaters (not many only like two As far as I know) but this is my favorite Color from hens.

I had to look up a Kelso and yes, that does look a lot like her. Before I knew better and how to break broodiness, her she did hatch her eggs once and luckily the only chick to survive was a female (it's the little black thing to the right of my hen)... didn't like the look or personality of the baby so the eggs from those two ALWAYS make it to the refrigerator. They're not the biggest things, but they work when you only want an egg and a half for breakfast.

Thanks so much for your help Mr King! Having my own is very different from visiting my grandmother's flock of 100 "red hens"

"Squatch" my Pure Thai stag, 30" tall and close to 9 lbs. He's a big baby, eats from my hand when no one else is around. Biggest problem I have is keeping him out of the black oil sunflower seeds in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom