Show Off Your Games!

Forget the chickens, he’s tearing hell out of Paw’s crab apple tree! ;)
You’re right there aren’t many branches left. I got a little out of control with it. I read a few insightful rooster behavior threads and I just went to town wearing them out. Soon I’ll have to resort to the classic dry gulch.

What do you do to tame down fiesty or human aggressive roosters? Or do you just cull them?
Hmm. Your asking a helluva question champ. Honestly everyone has a different idea of what a mean or human aggressive rooster is. Truly human aggressive gamecocks need to be put down. They hurt like hell. The best thing to do is to notice the bird is getting kinda jumpy before he ever gets aggressive towards you. I have a much different opinion on this than a lot of people. Birds in smaller pens can be a little more nervous reaching in to get them out. I always judge a bird by how they act outside the pen. In your hands or on a cord. I have quite a few (blacks) that will bite a little when you first get them out. I had a black a few years ago that was the absolute meanest rooster I’ve ever seen in my life. Probably one of the best to his hen. I wasn’t even sure he was mating her. He was though. If you can’t handle a bird at all there’s no point in keeping him. Even the slightly b*tchy birds calm down after a few minutes. With all that being said if I put a bird on a cord and he comes after me repeatedly just walking by and especially if he will try to hit me with my back turned I will put them down within minutes. Certain birds I might give a few chances and see if they improve but never if they are dead set on hitting me from behind. Many times the aggressiveness towards humans is caused but not always. I made a cross a few years ago and every single stag was mean as hell. Won’t be doing that again. Lol

So you do handle your mature stags and cocks with no increase in human aggression? So many people say that once you touch your rooster even once you’ve ruined him and turned him into a human aggressive devil.

Thanks for answering all my questions by the way! I really apprecuate your insight.

So you do handle your mature stags and cocks with no increase in human aggression? So many people say that once you touch your rooster even once you’ve ruined him and turned him into a human aggressive devil.

Thanks for answering all my questions by the way! I really apprecuate your insight.
Well to put it simply there’s a lot of people that are totally full of sh*t.
I don’t upload videos to YouTube but Sohc can vouch for me handling birds that are plenty calm.
Any particular people come to mind who said that?

All that does is make some puny little silkier rooster afraid of the “master” nothing else. So he runs off when the “master” approaches. Imo it’s better to let the rooster be a rooster. Everyone wants to be in charge when in reality the d*mn rooster is in charge. You’re just there like a 3rd wheel. Most can’t swallow they’re pride long enough to understand anything. A rooster doesn’t think like a human. Why the hell would a 5lb bird attack 190 lb man? Doesn’t make sense. The average 12 yr old could punt a rooster into next week.

Back
Top Bottom