Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
Mostly people only dub American/spanish gamefowl. Cushion/strawberry combs don't appear in those breeds, or I have never seen or heard of them. Mostly they are pea combed/single combed, and they're pea combed because 90% of the time the birds used for crossing are Asil which are pea comb or maybe Shamo which are pea comb though rarely can come walnut.

To get strawberry/cushion they would have to venture into Malay's, am I right? There maybe other breeds, not 100% sure.. But Malay's are deemed too large, and dunghill by many of breeders both in Oriental's and bankiva (American/spanish). Not to say all Malay's are bad in terms of gameness, but many are just show birds.

-Daniel

Last edited:
If you are trying to breed to a certain comb type, or culling out the "trouble makers", maybe some of you should consider some other breed of fowl to raise. There is only one thing that should determine who should be the brood fowl, and that is gameness...period. Everything else is secondary.

finished brood pens today, each are 4x4x4, should be good enough huh?
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNjA0LTAwNjkwLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNjA0LTAwNjg0LmpwZw.jpg

Looks nice & you even have grass, wish we did.....

owners of 3 TB ex racehorses, 1 Longhorn cross heifer, 13 Painted Desert sheep, 4 goats(2 babies),1 dog,several cats,13 8 mo.& up American Game pullets & hens,1 8mo.old stag, 7 11 week old chicks, 15 5 week old chicks & 3 Bantam chicks......

Last edited:
Quote:
owners of 3 TB ex racehorses, 1 Longhorn cross heifer, 13 Painted Desert sheep, 4 goats(2 babies),1 dog,several cats,13 8 mo.& up American Game pullets & hens,1 8mo.old stag, 7 11 week old chicks, 15 5 week old chicks & 3 Bantam chicks......

not much grass, hoping for rain all I got a couple of hours ago was lightning and thunder, thats it.

well gameness isnt the trouble, but just was wondering as alot here by me pay double if already dubbed as even just like the cleaner look more. on a sadder note, my brooding hen, cut a friend's face, when he reached for one of her chicks. guess she lets me hold them now, but no one else. my neighbor's hunting and fighting dogs stay well away from her and her chicks, but just watch from afar. after found last bit of feathers fron day was saying crows were hanging around, they havent been back. hopefully sell some of these chick and poults a flea market tonite or tommorrow morn, but not sure of which i can part with.

i just dont like that my chicks kill each other out of the eggs even, and out of three hundred hatched in three seperate big brooders, i have seven left, from not selling last month (once a tussle breaks out over something its a free for all sadly and after there are one to four dead at least and rest already scared up). so how do you seperate a mass brood of chicks not even feathered enough yet, so they dont tear each other apart??? ive heard keeping alot together they just learn to deal with th company, but whether i do like told to confine to larger area or smaller, they still offed each other. oddly nothing but the broody hen even seems to bother the cochins at all, they obviously dont look enough like chickens, but maybe more like tarred and featherd jewlery boxes..

Last edited:
Quote:
Maybe they should try silkies....isnt this thread call Show off your 'GAMES'?

Oh my don't get Cuda started on Silkies.
lol.png

Chris

Back
Top Bottom