Show Off Your Games!

Cuda I know this is an old post but do you have any eggs from your asils or thais preferably Wahl(asil) but any one would do andd please pm me the price of the eggs

Last edited:
Saladin, do you have any pics of what your willing to part with? I really prefer a dark Smokey blue over a red blue or gold blue. I have access to some American bred blue's that are real nice and have no red genes at all, but I would rather not use anything other than asil to start with. Maybe we could work out a trade or something. Little too hot round here for shipping at this point though.

ok, so im wanting to take the half breeds from my sid taylor hen and breed them out true to get cocks and more hens at least as good as her, but maybe bantam.
i have a pair from her and one rosecomb, though they look pure, except one or two end flight feathers like father slightly colored (splash), one rosecomb cuckoo cock or hen from them slightly older. two hens i think are from maybe my OEGB cock, as show some slight of his color in tiny bits, but have the end flight being same as the other two, and black combs and waddles of older one know hen. how would i either or both, bring size down to bantams, and or, get better game blood in them???

they all have their mama's attitude, though, if that helps..

Quote:
The blues come in various shades from very light colored to very dark. Most show some hint of red in the hackle; though one I took Buck on Friday didn't show any. Pullets tend to be more solid blue (dark) than the stags. As a matter of fact, I don't think I have any solid blue stags, but once the stags are 10-12 weeks I turn them loose to free-range and I forget what all is out there until I start catching them up. I don't have in recent pictures, but I could work on that.

Quote:
You didn`t say, but assuming the two half breeds are male, you should breed the better of the two back over the hen. then the offspring from that brood back over mom, etc., etc. always using the original hen. After 4 breedings to the original hen, you will have 31/32 Sid Taylor blood. One more time and it`s 63/64. Either of those breedings are close enough to be considered "pure" Sid Taylor. At that time you should consider adding some outside Sid Taylor blood as the gene pool will be really strong and defects may start showing up. Good luck......Pop

thank you alot pop! as was curious how long itd take to get what most would consider true game blood, looks, and quality out of. they are already betyter than my other games, just not sure how theyll look act when adults as only about (just under to over) half grown. they already have mamma's purple and green sheen to them, but wondered if thatd dilute or grow stronger, bu its better than my hen's sisters. the youngins are light but all lean sleak muscle now like the father, but the one that is showing half his genes, is heavy powerhouse like mamma. kinda odd. so no real number of crosses back to mamma, or something im looking for, just keep at it till they start to show some defect? its hard to get cocks out of her, either from just genetically predisposed to throwing out girls, or those are the ones the others kill first. going to maybe just start letting her raise them herself, and see if she will keep them in line better.

Took More Pics Of My Asil
12005_imag0197.jpg

12005_imag0122.jpg

12005_imag0388.jpg

12005_imag0403.jpg

Barred Bantam Shamo Roo Pic, had to take pic of him since he's always hanging around my Asil
lol.png

12005_imag0340.jpg

Back
Top Bottom