Show Off Your Games!

The way I'm set up moving is not feasible it would be a whole tear down of pens and elec fencing and my breeder quarters elec wiring is tied into the domes' elec fencing due to predators

Yes sir, 15 total shipped and 13 should hatch Wed.
Nice! Did u let them sit or straight from truck to incubator or broody? I ask cause I have a thought that with summertime shipping the eggs may start developing in the heat of a truck then if sat of a counter for a day or two in 72ish degrees it may kill the embroyo

Nice! Did u let them sit or straight from truck to incubator or broody? I ask cause I have a thought that with summertime shipping the eggs may start developing in the heat of a truck then if sat of a counter for a day or two in 72ish degrees it may kill the embroyo

I took them straight to my incubator, but I didn't plug in my auto turner till the next day. I had 7 Albanys shipped from Alabama and every air cell was bad so I put them in another bator for 3 days (no turning)(almost upright) then on day 4 I turned them by hand again in a almost upright position, then on day 5 I plugged in the auto turner. I have 5 of the seven developing.
Eric

Last edited:
I made some serious complaints at the PO a few weeks ago and I found out that all priority shipping runs down a conveyer belt with very little concern from a person. The only way to get your eggs taken care of by a person is to have them shipped express overnight. I will pay the difference in cost to asure that they are taken better care of.
Eric

Alright... I'm going to stick with what the Standard of Perfection says. Thanks for your input.

You have not the foggiest idea what gamefowl are. Discussion of these fluffy breeds does not jive with this thread owing to differences in temperament and husbandry requirements. The differences are huge. Get some real games, not bantams or moderns, keep them along side what you have and you will see what I mean.

You have not the foggiest idea what gamefowl are. Discussion of these fluffy breeds does not jive with this thread owing to differences in temperament and husbandry requirements. The differences are huge. Get some real games, not bantams or moderns, keep them along side what you have and you will see what I mean.

I do know what gamefowl are. I also own some Old English Games, and I have done research on chickens such as the Aseel. I know the differences.

5 little miners, this picture is from a couple weeks ago.

I took them straight to my incubator, but I didn't plug in my auto turner till the next day. I had 7 Albanys shipped from Alabama and every air cell was bad so I put them in another bator for 3 days (no turning)(almost upright) then on day 4 I turned them by hand again in a almost upright position, then on day 5 I plugged in the auto turner. I have 5 of the seven developing.
Eric
If you read up on hatching shipped eggs here and elsewhere it all says to let them " rest " for a day or two to let them settle but I am finding that going straight to incubator or hen is yielding much better hatch rates. Now this is summertime shipping only didn't pay attention in the fall or spring. And of course along with good packaging. Also convinced that writing " hatching eggs " brings unwanted attention also. But ima keep doing what I'm doing cause whatever it is is working very well. I know I'm going against the grain but I say go straight to bat or or hen when u get your eggs whatever the time of year

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom