Show Off Your Games!

on one hand the type of dubbing on the comb suggests Old English. The yellow legs and larger body suggest American Game. The neck feathers everyone is pointing out could be from too much sun or being close to molt (really dry feathers), rough living conditions, too much protein in the diet or it may have oriental in him as some Asils will have their hackle feathers flare up like that when they are growing new ones in. 

On second thought, he looks like a cockerel so he might not be fully developed yet.  I know my Golden Duckwing changed a lot from six to eight months old.

Six months

Eight months.  Drastic improvement!
Amazing what 2 months can do :thumbsup & beautiful photography

On second thought, he looks like a cockerel so he might not be fully developed yet. I know my Golden Duckwing changed a lot from six to eight months old.

Six months

Eight months. Drastic improvement!

Pretty huh? I hope to be showing off some of these in about 6/8 months from now.
thumbsup.gif

Jeff

on one hand the type of dubbing on the comb suggests Old English. The yellow legs and larger body suggest American Game. The neck feathers everyone is pointing out could be from too much sun or being close to molt (really dry feathers), rough living conditions, too much protein in the diet or it may have oriental in him as some Asils will have their hackle feathers flare up like that when they are growing new ones in.
I agree V, looked like a Old English to me. The tail is some indication into that, looks kind of "Carlisle" type- but that is only in the case of European birds which can/do have yellow legs occasionally though this cock looks to be more towards white to me. The United States to my knowledge is the only country that says Old English must have only white legs except for dark varieties; in other countries, especially of the Oxford type, they are the same as AG in regards to leg coloration.

God bless,
Daniel.

On second thought, he looks like a cockerel so he might not be fully developed yet. I know my Golden Duckwing changed a lot from six to eight months old.

Six months

Eight months. Drastic improvement!
They sure are good looking fellow!

Last edited:
There sure have been alot of really nice gamefowl pics in this thread! Does anyone know of someone that raises gamefowl in Pennsylvania? I use to raise them when I was younger but haven't been able to find any since I've gotten resettled down. Can anyone Help me?

Well it depends, why do you want gamefowl? If there aren't any in your area they may not be suited to it. They are independent sort and have special needs...not so great for a typical backyard. Jmo

Back
Top Bottom