Show Off Your Games!

I live out in the woods, so they would be able to free range. They do really well in my area, not to hot, not to cold, and are the best at not getting eatin by predators. I am looking for a quad of pea combed Black Breasted Red colored birds. Leg color and specific strains wouldn't matter.
I appreciate all that everyone does to preserve these great birds! I have three pitbulls that are the nicest family dogs anyone has ever seen and they are awesome farm dogs too but yet get discriminated against by homeowners insurance companies because of people that can't raise an animal properly! Thank you everyone!

I think they are great free rangers, unfortunately I have only one pair bbr. Have silver and golden duckwing. It was a bad summer for predators and want to keep my pullets so far....I live in the woods also. It a shame you can't find any where you are...I'd think they'd be popular in that area. Maybe je could spare some, send them post.

I could spare maybe a trio of BBRs. I have plenty of cockerels, but I am short on pullets. I would have had plenty, but a wind and hail storm in August killed 40 of the 100 birds I hatched this spring in one hour, and I have lost 24 birds to predators since the 1st of October, almost all pullets. I have 14 BBR cockerels, but only 10 BBR pullets left. My birds are very docile and good mannered. I have not had a single fight between any of them and they all run free range and roost together. You can look at my "My Games" album in to see some of my birds.

Yeah, a quad of bbr would be hard to come by,especially good birds. You ought to try a breeder. Don't know that I'd buy expensive birds and free range them though, esp in the woods, that's where mine tend to disappear. Good luck on that. Sumatra do well free range.

Just checked out some of your work......yes awesome photography. You obviously have some skills. Do you mind me asking what kind of camera you are using?

Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed them. My older pictures were taken with a Sony V1, a very rare prosumer camera that very few people ever heard of. The new pictures were taken with a Pentax K-r DSLR. Not the most expensive DSLR you can buy, but I am poor and do it for fun and not for profit, so I work with I can afford.

Nice looking birds vcomb! I really like the whitehackles. I use to raise whitehackles and pumpkin hulseys. Unfortunately the white on the whitehackles attract the redtailed hawks too much. Does anyone else have a problem with hawks? They use to be a huge problem with my laying hens until I moved my pair of peafowl into the pen with them. Now the hawks won't come down to kill the chickens:)

Back
Top Bottom