Show Off Your Games!

Hey any body here who can answer some questions about dubbing? Finally got around to breeding my gamefowl pair and ended up with two pea comb chicks and one single comb chick. I hate the look of a single comb on a gamefowl (and I want to show other gamefowl breeds someday and need to learn) so I plan on dubbing him, if it is a him. What's the best tool for the job? Shears or knife? Flour or corn starch to stop the bleeding? Should I apply any kind of ointment or antibiotic, e.g. Neosporin? Best way to hold the bird? Any other advice or tips?

Also got some interesting patterns in the chicks. Parents were these guys (mom is background)

And I somehow got one normal chipmunk patterned chick and two odd white ones from the hatch

I just US a razor blade and wrap them in a towel

is there a way to sex game chicks at 3 weeks. i have brunner roundheads that i want to check so bad. i have 2 spangled(1 is easily spangled, other may be speckled) and 1 normal feather pulumage. i got them for free from working for my friend at his game ranch. he only hatches eggs certain times of the year, and these hatched about 1.5 weeks after the collected ones so he let me have them

Back
Top Bottom