Show Off Your Games!

spangle

the top of her beak broke off sometime, somehow. I was told she'll be ok and the beak will grow back eventually.

If the beak broke of back into the meat and damaged the tissue then it will most likely not grow back.Best thing would be to trim the lower beak back some so she can pick up feed easier.One thing I have learn over the years is if you get one with a cracked beak broken beak, super glue gel , sally hansen triple strong advanced gel fingernail fortifier , Hoof nail strengthening cream abd a few disposable nail file are a good addition to you feather friend medical kit.Not a know it all , just trying to share my experience an hopefully help someone else out.I have personal repaired some pretty bad damage with these items.Its possible to glue back on a completely detached beak if you can find the broken piece as soon as it happens.Hope this helps someone out there.

If the beak broke of back into the meat and damaged the tissue then it will most likely not grow back.Best thing would be to trim the lower beak back some so she can pick up feed easier.One thing I have learn over the years is if you get one with a cracked beak broken beak, super glue gel , sally hansen triple strong advanced gel fingernail fortifier , Hoof nail strengthening cream abd a few disposable nail file are a good addition to you feather friend medical kit.Not a know it all , just trying to share my experience an hopefully help someone else out.I have personal repaired some pretty bad damage with these items.Its possible to glue back on a completely detached beak if you can find the broken piece as soon as it happens.Hope this helps someone out there.

thanks, she seems to getting on fine.
great info,
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom