Show Off Your Games!

but I dont know if I can do it... Shipping might be impossible with the heat and there is a good chance my wife would cull me.

So tell me the truth. Do you want to cull the pullet, or the wife? Make up your mind (hint: only one can be shipped in summer)

Just kidding ... have a great week

May I ask what you guys feed your birds? Obviously I am new to this. I've had chickens several times throughout the years. However, lately I'm becoming more interested in conditioning and overall health.

May I ask what you guys feed your birds? Obviously I am new to this. I've had chickens several times throughout the years. However, lately I'm becoming more interested in conditioning and overall health.
I do a 50/50 mix of regular chicken scratch and Gamecock mix. Treats like cat food and fruit scraps. Lettuce/greens a few times a week.

Best is free range... they will get everything they need if they are completely free. Exercise and food wise.

I do a 50/50 mix of regular chicken scratch and Gamecock mix. Treats like cat food and fruit scraps. Lettuce/greens a few times a week.

Best is free range... they will get everything they need if they are completely free. Exercise and food wise.

oh i've been feeding my girls the wrong thing i feed them regular chicken feed whoops
idunno.gif
hmm.png

I do a 50/50 mix of regular chicken scratch and Gamecock mix.  Treats like cat food and fruit scraps. Lettuce/greens a few times a week. 

Thanks for the reply. Never thought about cat food for treats. I bet they love it! I have just been giving mine a 16% layer crumble and adding fruit and such. On the real hot days I'll give em some cold jello. Watermelon and such.kale is a favorite of theirs. And fresh corn on the cobb... watch your fingers! they lose their minds over fresh corn.lol
I also raise meal worms them. Can't really free range much. Just in my little yard. Which ain't much to speak of

Thanks for the reply. Never thought about cat food for treats. I bet they love it! I have just been giving mine a 16% layer crumble and adding fruit and such. On the real hot days I'll give em some cold jello. Watermelon and such.kale is a favorite of theirs. And fresh corn on the cobb... watch your fingers! they lose their minds over fresh corn.lol
I also raise meal worms them. Can't really free range much. Just in my little yard. Which ain't much to speak of
I used to breed/raise meal worms.. kind of a pain in the butt and messy.. I lost all my mine when I left the lids ajar to vent heat... all the chicks at the time jumped into the totes and literally ate everything, beetles, larva and pupae.

Cat food works good, and is better than dog food I hear. Usually smaller bites too which makes easier for younger ones.

I give mine the spent cobs and yea they love it, but I hate picking them up after they are done with them, they never decompose haha

I figure the more diverse and complete their diet is, the better. Naturally they like to eat bugs, grass and seeds, in equal portions... so I try to mimic that, but I know my penned chickens arent getting enough greens/grass.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom