Show Off Your Games!

Yep just at home.. 2 weeks off work. I am enjoying the time off and opportunity to work on all the projects I have going.
I am working online from home during the day and must go in to university farm between 0530 and 0730 seven days awake with kids in tow. Wife has been in hospital for a week now and does not know when she can come home. We are not allowed to visit so tough on her and kids.

My gardening habits may follow your lead although I have more rain to work with. Going attempt hydroponics at barn.

I haven’t really found anything yet I found some on an auction but I’m to gun shy to buy off there
My preference is to see and handle birds before making a purchase. When birds gifted, especially by someone you respect, then no such requirement. My start was a gifted of sorts but I watched the birds grow from hatch without realizing they would eventually be mine. I recently got an Aseel stag that has an obvious flaw which is not genetic. I like the little dude and the guy I got him from takes times to explain particulars of their care and detailed the stag's history.

My preference is to see and handle birds before making a purchase. When birds gifted, especially by someone you respect, then no such requirement. My start was a gifted of sorts but I watched the birds grow from hatch without realizing they would eventually be mine. I recently got an Aseel stag that has an obvious flaw which is not genetic. I like the little dude and the guy I got him from takes times to explain particulars of their care and detailed the stag's history.
Yeah I agree most people around here won’t sell unless they know you real well I had game fowl growing up and all sorts of other chickens but games were always my favorite my wife and I recently decided to get into chickens she has a rir rooster a buff Orpington hen and a cream leg bar hen my kelso cross hen was given to me by a friend and she brought back the memories of being a kid again so it sparked the fire again for game birds now if I can just find me a rooster I’ll be in business

I had troubles locating people until prior to joining the Missouri Gamefowl Breeders Association. It is a diverse group that can be fun to hang around. Many knew of sources in state that I could find no information on through my own efforts.

You may have a similar organization in West Virginia.

I had troubles locating people until prior to joining the Missouri Gamefowl Breeders Association. It is a diverse group that can be fun to hang around. Many knew of sources in state that I could find no information on through my own efforts.

You may have a similar organization in West Virginia.
I’m pretty sure we do just not sure how to join it I’ll be glad to have a rooster here that’s for sure I built a dome pen today gonna build a few just to get ready when I do get one.

Attachments

• 0CE969BE-52B9-4D1F-8E8B-D995595A0063.jpeg
    0CE969BE-52B9-4D1F-8E8B-D995595A0063.jpeg
    685.7 KB · Views: 5
I’m pretty sure we do just not sure how to join it I’ll be glad to have a rooster here that’s for sure I built a dome pen today gonna build a few just to get ready when I do get one.
I would try to contact the club president of secretary. Odds are they have a website or something on facebook.

What side of wall is that pen on? I try to move mine around a lot to protect ground, keep birds in fresh eats, and presumably to control intestinal worm issues. Concrete would be nice when ground gets soft.

Back
Top Bottom