Show Off Your Games!

I am going to be incubating just Dominiques and some Aseel after June 1. Still have not gotten first Aseel to hatch. Got no idea what I am getting into there. Hen-hatching and rearing only for games after that and only for demonstrations.

Two days ago a weasel got into my Aseel pen and went after hen. That was a ball of fun.

I am going to be incubating just Dominiques and some Aseel after June 1. Still have not gotten first Aseel to hatch. Got no idea what I am getting into there. Hen-hatching and rearing only for games after that and only for demonstrations.

Two days ago a weasel got into my Aseel pen and went after hen. That was a ball of fun.
Wow, I hace never dealt with a weasel before but if it is anything like raccoons, opossums or coyotes it must have been bad. Hope those chicks hatch. My sebright has only ever got me 2 girls.

Wow, I hace never dealt with a weasel before but if it is anything like raccoons, opossums or coyotes it must have been bad. Hope those chicks hatch. My sebright has only ever got me 2 girls.
Weasel did not actually get any chickens. We were extremely lucky to have me pull in when I did. Dog did make a mess trying to find weasel. I always get fired up and report when a predators causes a ruckus. Most of time losses very light.

First Aseel eggs to hatch hopefully will be by end of this week. The Aseel hen does not produce a lot of eggs and may come out lay soon to reharge. She will be put in coop with stag so she can incubate those eggs herself. I am curious about how Aseels are to raise. Folks in the US asert they are more aggressive as chicks. Videos from Pakistan I cannot understand show a rearing environment very different from what I typically do. They do appear to do a lot of rearing where cock is kept in with broody and chicks at least after chicks hatch. I have not been able to see how they treat broody hens.

1/4 Asil Pullet
20200525_171622.jpg

The Aseel mixes I have respond very differently than the other chicks... in fact it is not uncommon for them to Peck at hands reaching into brooder to get other chicks versus run away

I’m going to set my last incubator full tonight. Unless things change. Most of my brood hens are in single mating pens. I’d like to let them out to freshen up but I’m not going to risk them while I’m having predator problems. I hate wasting the eggs they are going to lay regardless. I’d just as soon have a good rooster with them and let them raise what they will.

Back
Top Bottom