Show Off Your Games!

After a day of bugs and greens, everybody piles on to top off on feed. We got a huge amount of grasshoppers and flying ants leaving the chicks craving sweets.
IMG_2020-07-22_20-01-30.jpeg

Does anybody else here use DE?
Curious. It’s good for some parasites and lots of claimed benefits for all animals
Only for controlling insects in feed and bedding. It kills adult flies, but is slow acting. I think it may be effective as an additive to dust bathing material against mites and lice, although method action seems more like how regular soil particles work. The DE / soil particles interfere with ability of external parasite to hang on so they fall off host / chicken.

As for intestinal worms, I have not seen any research not funded by manufacturer showing efficacy. Most of the bunk post on this site and others has DE being an effective dewormer.

Only for controlling insects in feed and bedding. It kills adult flies, but is slow acting. I think it may be effective as an additive to dust bathing material against mites and lice, although method action seems more like how regular soil particles work. The DE / soil particles interfere with ability of external parasite to hang on so they fall off host / chicken.

As for intestinal worms, I have not seen any research not funded by manufacturer showing efficacy. Most of the bunk post on this site and others has DE being an effective dewormer.
That’s pretty much my take on it too. I don’t think it does much, with the exception of fly control. On the other hand, I don’t see much of a down side either

Okay so I am a victim of TSC blindly asserting chicken breeds so I have 14 chickens that were supposed to be 4 sexlinks 5 cubalaya pullets and 5 bantams. What I actually got were 5 buff Brahmas 3 pullets 2 cockerels. 5 Game Fowls 3 pullets 2 cockerels. And 4 sexlinks. My question is I have read that game fowl roosters will fight to the death with other roosters. Is this true? They have all been together since they got home from the store and I have not seen any aggression yet and they are 13 weeks give or take a few days.

Back
Top Bottom