Show Off Your Games!

Wow those are some ugly combs alright.
big_smile.png

I am new to games so I have a few "beginer" questions and since you mentioned combs here is a one of my questions.

1) Do I need to dubb my games at all? Either my personal breeders or my cockerels for sale? I mean I saw an add on ebay for hatching eggs and the gamecock in the pic had a huge single comb. He looked like a red leghorn almost. So can I leave them be or do I have to dubb them all?

2) If ido have to dubb them how is this done safely without infection? Is there any short cuts that make it quick and easy on the bird and myself?

Like isaid I am a beginer and I probably should have looked into it before I even got started in games but I caught a great deal so I figured i would just wing it and learn on the go.

You don't have to dub your birds but it is preferred. You can keep your breeders combs intact, but people usually like receiving dubbed games.

The method to do it with the least blood and pain is shown in an article at the Ultimatefowl website. I'd search for "dubbing chickens" on google, and even the Ultimatefowl article on it pops up.

Quote:
Illia answered your question pretty well I believe. I prefer to "learn on the go" myself, I do often research breeds before I plunge in but like to learn from experience. You can read, and pass along what you've read, but personal experience is always better in my opinion.
big_smile.png

I noticed on the old and rare breeds thread you mentioned you've got "old timey pits", mind posting photos? I love bulldogs, would like to get some pits, or a English bulldog one day (English would probably be my house dog.) My cousin has a pit, but he is what I would probably call the "fat pits" (or hippos), or what you called tanks. I do like the "fat pits" too, but prefer ones like you have.

-Daniel

i have a few different breeds of game fowl but ive been looking for aseels with no luck heres some of wat i have

69763_elex_rays_pics_168.jpg

69763_chickens_and_okla_120.jpg

69763_chickens_and_okla_089.jpg

i have a few new grays and hatches i need to get some pics of and post

Yea those "tank' or hippo dogs are what people call "Bully" pits. All they are are pits crossed with english bulldogs. Here are 2 of my males. I use to have 9 pitbulls but I am down to 2. I was forced to downsize so I kept my first male and then I kept his daughter which is our house dog.

This here was my boy King. He is Eli and Gator Bloodlines.
006-3.jpg

My boy Goliath ikept him and his daughter.
025-1.jpg

I have more pictures but I havent loaded them to photobucket yet.
"Bully" Pits are short and big boned and have lotts of bulky muscle, while true pits are longer, leaner, taller and well perportioned. My boy Goliath can jump up on me and lick me in the face while my neighbors "Bully" can only reach my stomach.

Well I guess pitbulls are way off topic for a chicken thread but anyone can fee free to email or PM me if they want to talk dogs.

Quote:
What kind of Asil do you want? Either me or lollipop can probably set you up: for me I want have any for sale until late spring, but pop might have some now.

Quote:
He does look very short in the leg, which I have seen on quite a few pictures in this thread. I like an American or OEG that has a good medium to high station and long shanks, it makes them look athletic and fast. I also prefer the look of a dubbed stag or cock so all mine get dubbed. I was reading about moon phase and it's relationship to dubbing, where actual dates are recommended to dub on to reduce blood loss. Something about the blood being held lower in the birds body?? Sounds like some old school theory. Well, one of those dates was supposedly last Saturday, so I dubbed one of my stags and he bled like crazy. To the point I started to get concerned, so I am not sold on that theory. Luckly I was able to stop it up with some flour and he is just fine. I will definetly have some blood stop powder for the next go around.

Quote:
What kind of Asil do you want? Either me or lollipop can probably set you up: for me I want have any for sale until late spring, but pop might have some now.

Ha Ha, I just sent him a PM inviting him to Asil Club. I don`t have any right now either..........Pop

Back
Top Bottom