Show off your house ducks!

We got the magpie! Out of the three we selected, that was the only one we were certain was a female. There was a cutie black bibbed my husband had his eye on and at first check I thought it might be female, but after we'd left, sure enough when I re-checked them I found out that the first time around he was...tucking it back, shall we say!

I'll take TONS of photos later, we're both pooped. We've been on the road since 10:00 this morning! Poor thing isn't imprinted on people so she's freaking the heck out. It'll be a rough few days, but once she's all settled in I think things will be just fine. <3

"His Royal Tinyness", hehe!

As for the look ducks make when they're caught doing something naughty, it's like a weird mix of surprise, guilt and total defiance. But it only lasts for a moment before going right back to the naughty thing! :p
I love that. Wobbles is the boss of himself no matter what.

OMG I have missed so much cuteness!!!!!
Chaotic week here, and of course, tons of hatching!!! (Figures everyone would hatch then)...
Today and yesterday's cuddlers:

Hi sorry ti just jump on a thread. But I have a house duck called Dappy she is 6 months old now and she uses to be all over until about a month ago shed follow me she's quack and go crazy if I left the toom she wouldnt have a bath unles i was in the room and she got dealt excited when ever j came home but kow she dosent care weather im aroubd her or not. She's outside most of he day and she used to hate being out their without me now I think she prefers to be alone. She dosent seem excited when I come home angmore and she never follows me. She's also become a little agressive and her pecks hurt. Is there anyone who has any idea how I can make her want/need me again? I miss her

Many ducks have a "teen rebellious phase". Wobbles did the same thing with me when he hit five months. Is she all by herself? If so, she could be showing signs of stress. Just be patient, offer her treats and keep trying to hold her so she doesn't lose her ability to be hands-friendly. She'll come around eventually!

Wow j just type out my message and Dappy duck decided to close the screen down!! She's sat on me atm preening and lightly pecking my phone now and then haha. Could it mayve be because she has recently been poorly. She almost died she had an infection in her wing luckily I cauht it three days in and managed to keep her alive (the vet said she should be dead) and I had to leave her in the vets for the night and that's kinda when IT first started because when the vet went to give her back she didn't really seen Intresfted in ME more the vet. And then she becane agressive. Pecking me hard could she have got worried that I was leaving her for good? And I had to give her tablets down her throat could she think is my fault she's in pain? She's recovering now she's so much better. And happier I was so scared cried my heart out! But could this be the reason is she stressed because she can't use her wing fully anymore? She's also loosing her large wing feathers about 7 a day come out is this normal for an injured duck or is this a bad sign???

Sorry for all the questions just never get to talk to anyone who has ducks themself and knows what there talking about! I love
My baby girl so much!! Zzzz

Ya shoulda mentioned that in the first place, of COURSE she won't be acting normal after a huge infection, silly moo!
tongue.png
Don't worry, she'll forgive the "travesty" of you administering her medicine a few days after the treatment stops. She's lucky to have you!

Wobbles also has a thing for computer screens, but his vice are keyboards. Pecking, stomping, typing, he just loves 'em!

She's been off medication for almost two weeks now. But now her wing feathers are falling out. Haha aww cute Dappy likes to bite my fingers while I play xbox it's cute but annpying when I die. She's been laid asleep on me for a while now :) I just guess maybe I haven't been spending enough time with her xxx

Back
Top Bottom