Show off your house ducks!

When the emergency said they only see a duck a year? And I'm sorry if I can't afford it. My ducks mean no less to e tan yours to you...
Forgive me, I just don't understand why you feel it's a waste. My pets are my family, and I'd do anything to save them. Your duck obviously needs medical intervention, and at this rate I feel like he's going downhill fast. If you don't get him into the clinic I fear he may not make it.
Don't be ashamed, many of us cannot afford vet fees like that, or even ones half of that. Sick birds are almost always hypothermic, so keeping him warm should be you number one priority. How warm are his legs and feet?

-Kathy

When the emergency said they only see a duck a year? And I'm sorry if I can't afford it. My ducks mean no less to e tan yours to you...

You said it was a waste. That just seems like kind of a fatalistic thing to say. You don't have a guarantee, no, but it's best to have a chance of saving it than none at all. The poor little guy isn't doing well and without immediate action, it's likely that he's going to die. I can't stand to see him suffer like this anymore...

@Reese7383 , do what you can to keep him warm and quiet until you leave. When you do leave, might be a good idea to take him in a box on some warm water bottles. Keep in mind that a trip to the vet is often enough stress to send them over the edge. Whatever happens, don't beat yourself up. I will cross my fingers for you and hope that he make it thought the night and that whatever is ailing him can be treated in a cost effective way.
hugs.gif

-Kathy

my apologies forwarding it badly. I'm upset and don't know what to do. if I had the right amount of money I would be at the vet already to assume that I wouldn't if I had the meansis wrong of you to say

I know what it's like to have a very ill duck - very painful. Could you please let us know what you have been able to do in the last few hours or so to help the little one? Do you have vitamins of any sort (poly-vi-sol, poultry vitamins, sav-a-chick, nutri-drench, brewer's yeast)? Are you holding him, keeping him warm?

I assure you hi I'd warm... read somewhere online to hold a sick duck close to your heart and breathe on them moist air can be helpful so that's where I have him sitting in front of the heater. I keep offering him water but he won't take it is it bad to try and use a syringe

I'm holding him close to my chest and sitting I front of a heater. I've got to Wait until a car is available to go get vitamins. Poly v sol.... but if he's not drinking or eating how do I administer
I know what it's like to have a very ill duck - very painful.  Could you please let us know what you have been able to do in the last few hours or so to help the little one?  Do you have vitamins of any sort (poly-vi-sol, poultry vitamins, sav-a-chick, nutri-drench, brewer's yeast)?  Are you holding him, keeping him warm?  

Back
Top Bottom