Show off your house ducks!

Aaaaw, thank you for thinking of me when you are giving cutie Greyfeather kisses. You are so lucky. Your flock is beautiful. I love all your pictures.

I think of you whenever one of my ducks is all loafed out and I catch myself saying "pancakeitoons" <3

Awww I am sooo sad for you @AliciaM. Pancakes mom is on a nest right now with 6 eggs. But they are from my silver dad and not the choco. So hopefully there will be some cool colored babies running around in 26 days! I also put up two more trees in the aviary and a really tall bush that the doves LOVE! They have already made a nest and are setting on eggs! (Don't tell anyone but I snuck a few mourning dove eggs underneath them because I found a mourning dove nest in my gutter but the nest couldn't stay obviously)

The emus are HUGE! The youngest is having some trouble though. She has not grown at all and gets weak very quickly while running around! But the other two are CRAZY! The older one, kayala, is mischievous and gets into things all the time! She LOVES to chase the ducks and even jumps in the pond and swims after them. She this new thing of chasing the ball that I throw for my dog and it is so cute to see them actually play together. She tries to play chase with kayala but the poor emu doesn't understand. My dog has this new thing of eating broccoli because I feed the emus broccoli, its like they're a little band of friends! Kevin is sweeter and doesn't like to be more than 5 ft away from me. Kayala always comes running back when I call her name but kevin is always right there. They eat SOOO much though! They finish one of those chick feeders in about 3 hrs! I have already gone through 2 whole heads of lettuce and 4 heads of broccoli. They just like the greens a lot more than their actual food and its good for them so I continue to feed them. The youngest I have named Julie (After the lady I bought the eggs from)

Hey Mitch, lemme know how that hatch goes, okay? This could be kind of a litmus test to see if breeding with fresh stock will result in healthy babies. And a chocolate + silver could make some dang gorgeous birds!

I'm so happy to hear about the emus! I hope the little one gets stronger soon. But I adore that the others play with your doggie! <3 Is it a bit much to ask for a video of them all playing fetch?

Hey Mitch, lemme know how that hatch goes, okay? This could be kind of a litmus test to see if breeding with fresh stock will result in healthy babies. And a chocolate + silver could make some dang gorgeous birds!

I'm so happy to hear about the emus! I hope the little one gets stronger soon. But I adore that the others play with your doggie! <3 Is it a bit much to ask for a video of them all playing fetch?

How do I add a video? I have a video of them playing tag.

I have the Choco and the silver together just for that purpose. So I hope all goes well!

How do I add a video? I have a video of them playing tag.

I have the Choco and the silver together just for that purpose. So I hope all goes well!
they only way I have been able to upload a video it by uploading it to YouTube then pasting the url between this ~~> VIDEO /VIDEO with [] these brackets around "video" and "/video"

Last edited:
Its for my mixed flock so the ladder is for my girls. We have so :)many critters that will eat my flock. That havevall been together since they where chicks and ducklings so the ducks follow the chickens into the coop at night. They may be a lil confused. :)

Back
Top Bottom