Show off your house ducks!

Awww I am sooo sad for you @AliciaM. Pancakes mom is on a nest right now with 6 eggs. But they are from my silver dad and not the choco. So hopefully there will be some cool colored babies running around in 26 days! I also put up two more trees in the aviary and a really tall bush that the doves LOVE! They have already made a nest and are setting on eggs! (Don't tell anyone but I snuck a few mourning dove eggs underneath them because I found a mourning dove nest in my gutter but the nest couldn't stay obviously)

The emus are HUGE! The youngest is having some trouble though. She has not grown at all and gets weak very quickly while running around! But the other two are CRAZY! The older one, kayala, is mischievous and gets into things all the time! She LOVES to chase the ducks and even jumps in the pond and swims after them. She this new thing of chasing the ball that I throw for my dog and it is so cute to see them actually play together. She tries to play chase with kayala but the poor emu doesn't understand. My dog has this new thing of eating broccoli because I feed the emus broccoli, its like they're a little band of friends! Kevin is sweeter and doesn't like to be more than 5 ft away from me. Kayala always comes running back when I call her name but kevin is always right there. They eat SOOO much though! They finish one of those chick feeders in about 3 hrs! I have already gone through 2 whole heads of lettuce and 4 heads of broccoli. They just like the greens a lot more than their actual food and its good for them so I continue to feed them. The youngest I have named Julie (After the lady I bought the eggs from)
Eeeeeeeeee, that's my name too. Your emus are hilarious. And intelligent too. Kevin sounds like a sweetie.

@SilkieSensation from what I've read about runners I do not think the brown one and the grave this one are due to their body shape it's hard to get them to stay still when I'm close enough for a picture but here you I got this morning if it helps.

of course anyone that may have ideas on the breeds of these guys let me know please.

Sorry some are a bit blurry.

@SilkieSensation from what I've read about runners I do not think the brown one and the grave this one are due to their body shape it's hard to get them to stay still when I'm close enough for a picture but here you I got this morning if it helps.

of course anyone that may have ideas on the breeds of these guys let me know please.

Sorry some are a bit blurry.

The breed in my professional opinion is gorgeous.

**Smiles**
Thanks JulieBird! I agree with you. Although I am curious. they will be loved just the same either way!

I wish I could have gotten a picture with great weather this morning as he was waking me to go be with his friends at dawn it seemed as though he could not get close enough inching his way further and further on my arm and face until I woke up with him entirely covering me I'm sure it was a sight

**Smiles**
Thanks JulieBird! I agree with you. Although I am curious. they will be loved just the same either way!

I wish I could have gotten a picture with great weather this morning as he was waking me to go be with his friends at dawn it seemed as though he could not get close enough inching his way further and further on my arm and face until I woke up with him entirely covering me I'm sure it was a sight
You are welcome. I would be curious too. I hope you find out soon. Keep us posted. It is fun to know what your feathered softies are.

That is a hysterical vision. Greyfeather flopped over your face. How precious is that!!!! This made me laugh out loud when I read it.

Missy surprised me today. She usually terrorizes the babies, and kills anything she can get a hold of. It was time to rotate the babies, and so I moved the khaki kids into the Inner Sanctum so I could transition them to the outside. Missy has been in there bullying the chickens and having conversations with her siblings through the open door. (She could go out if she wanted to, but I don't think she ever will...) I wholly expected to have to take her out to get her away from the babies. I called the kids over and put them in...
Before I could go over to get Missy, she put her head down, bobbing happily and emitting a loud greeting sound. I never would have expected it. The adorable killer of small birds just adopted 7 ducklings.....

Missy surprised me today. She usually terrorizes the babies, and kills anything she can get a hold of. It was time to rotate the babies, and so I moved the khaki kids into the Inner Sanctum so I could transition them to the outside. Missy has been in there bullying the chickens and having conversations with her siblings through the open door. (She could go out if she wanted to, but I don't think she ever will...) I wholly expected to have to take her out to get her away from the babies. I called the kids over and put them in...
Before I could go over to get Missy, she put her head down, bobbing happily and emitting a loud greeting sound. I never would have expected it. The adorable killer of small birds just adopted 7 ducklings.....

That's the SWEETEST story!

Back
Top Bottom